Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire and Ice (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Credits : 571

Fire and Ice (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:23 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Stretching, Kyden reached for the ceiling. It was probably five in the morning, judging from the fact that not even the pre-dawn winter light filtered through the nearly transparent, black curtains that hung over Kyden's windows. He was almost shocked at the early hour of the morning. It was rare for him to wake up so soon, but he had been having a nightmare. Now conscious, he could barely recall it, but the vaporous remains still caused him to shudder.

Rising from the queen size bed, he cracked his back and stretched yet again. He was completely alert, chased into the waking world by the dream, yet he couldn't seem to get his body to catch up with his mind. Crossing his room, he walked into his personal bathroom and stripped from his nightwear, which was simply a pair of pants. The teenager saw no point in wearing a shirt to bed, since even on the coldest of days his room was a toasty seventy eight degrees.

Once he had showered, he dressed in a plain black, long sleeve shirt and loose, black jeans. His shoulder length, dark hair hung loosely around his shoulders. Cleansed and clothed, he went down into the kitchen. He was surprised to see his father and brother at the breakfast table. Silently, he walked over to his seat and sat down. It didn't take long for a maid to come up and ask him what he wanted. Her voice was soft, as was Kyden's when he replied. The seventeen year old listened silently as his father and twenty-five year old brother talked about stalks and business, acting as if he weren't even there. It was frustrating, because he knew even if he spoke up, they would simply ignore him.

As soon as he woofed down a few bites, Kyden leap up and fled from the room. Luckily, his school days started early and his shower had taken a long time. He was already due to leave for school. A butler opened the front door for him and he ducked into the back of one of the black vehicles. He stared out the tinted windows as they drove, trying to recall the nightmare.

Getting out, he didn't bother to bid the driving a good day. He didn't really care. Instead, he ducked his head and walked as fast as he could. If he was lucky, he would be able to get into the class room in time and not be hassled, but from his very birth, Kyden hadn't been lucky and this day was no different.

Halfway to the classroom, three of the 'rebellious' group cut him off. They forced him into a corner. It was early so there weren't any teachers roaming the halls. The three of them sneered insults and jabbed at Kyden. Smaller than any one of the three, he couldn't take them on. The words cut, because one of those boys had been his friend and knew exactly how little his life mattered to his parents.

[[This is so craptastic. Eleie, if you hate me and never forgive me, I understand. I just wasn't sure how to type this. T.T
Private for Hinfallend.]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Credits : 163
Location : In a tree, throwing bullets at people with a gun :D

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:56 am

Fire and Ice (Private) Seth10

A groan slipped it's way passed Seth's lips as he was roused by the blaring of that Devil's device called an alarm clock. He considered sleeping through it, but instantly dismissed the idea when the noise seemed to grow in volume at the very thought. One of his hands shot out from beneath the warm blankets and slapped random on the bedside table, continuously missing it's target.

Sighing in frustration, he jerked upright and grabbed the offending item. A harsh thud echoed around his room when he decided now was a good time to reunite the alarm clock with his far wall. In the ringing silence that followed, he could hear the sounds of city life through the closed window. Through the wall that his bed was situated against, he could hear the repeated thump of his neighbors bass as they played their stereo too loud for this time of day.

Mentioning time, he realized that it was too dark in his room for it to be the usual time he awoke. Not knowing what time it was, since he didn't bother to look before he winged the alarm clock across the room, and unable to remember why he set the alarm so early in the first place, he stumbled out of bed. A muffled shriek got trapped in his throat when his bare feet hit the cold wood floors.

The temperature of the apartment suggested that his mother forgot to turn on the heat after she came home once again. Thoughts of what bills needed paid and when drifted through his head as he searched through his second hand dresser for a clean pair of jeans and t-shirt. Shrugging out of the jeans and old t-shirt he wore to bed, he struggled into the new clothes while staggering towards his door to wake his younger sister.

A shiver raced through his body as he stepped into the small hallway, finding it colder than his tiny room. He knocked on the door to his sister's room, poking his head around the door when he got a muffled response. Over in the corner, on a toddler's bed, was a mound of blankets and clothes.

"I need to buy her a new bed soon," he made the mental note. Padding up to the bed, he prodded it with his toe and called out, "Elysia, are you still alive?"

"Mmm," was the only sound that came.

Rich laughter flowed easily from him and he clambered onto the bed. "Elysia, are you there? I can't seem to find Elysia. Oh, no! Did the bed eat her? You better spit my sister back out, bed!" He mock threatened the bed, rewarded with a high pitched giggle.

The pile of cloth shifted and he was finally able to see his baby sister's face beaming up at him. "I'm right here," she proclaimed like he was an idiot. Wriggling around, she frowned, "Seth, I'm stuck. Is the bed really trying to eat me?" Her wide eyes filled with childish fear.

Guilt wormed it's way into his chest and he quickly reassured her, "No, no! The bed loves you too much to let you go." Seth didn't want her to be afraid of her bed like she was of a the bathtub. Ever since his mother had told if she didn't behave in the tub, it would swallow her down the drain, Elysia was terrified to be in the bathroom alone.

He began the morning ritual of digging Elysia out, then grabbed some new clothes for her to wear to school today. Once dressed and warm again, she kissed his cheek and ran to get the new shoes that he had bought her a few weeks ago. Slipping his own shoes on, Seth quickly grabbed their jackets and her gloves before meeting her at the door.

"Ready for school today?" he asked as he bundled her up. She nodded and grabbed his hand, grinning up at him with the innocence that a child should have at the tender age of five. He led the way down the stairs and to the bike that he rode to school with. He settled into the seat, then picked Elysia up and put her in front of him with an arm wrapped firmly around her middle. Her feet came up and braced against the middle bar of the bike as Seth started off, one hand steering and the other holding her.

After dropping Elysia off at her kindergarten classes, he pedaled slowly to his own school since he had time to spare. His thoughts wandered while he took the overly familiar route. All too soon, he arrived. He parked and locked his bike at the rack, noticing that he was even earlier than usual. There was almost no kids at the school and fewer teachers. Shrugging and heading for the warm building, he took his time getting to his locker.

As he rounded the corner, he heard what sounded like harsh verbal jabs right before he saw a kid from his grade surrounded by other kids. Of course they would take advantage of the lack of teachers to bully someone.

"So immature and redundant," he thought to himself, rolling his eyes and walking up to the bullies. "Come on, guys. It's too early in the morning for this crap." The words were out before he thought about the consequences of interfering, like always.

One of them turned to face him, his mouth opening to say something, but Seth cut him off with a wave of his hand. "Yeah, yeah. Don't care. I need to talk to the kid here, so if you don't mind," he grabbed the one that was being bullied and jerked him away from the bullies and towards himself. Ignoring whatever they were saying to him, he headed towards the bathroom and ducked inside, the boy still being dragged after him.

He turned to face the boy and finally let go of his wrist. "Sorry about jerking you in here like that. Are you okay?" He winced apologetically. "I'm Seth."

(((OOC:/ I wanna be mean and say it is, but then I would be lying XD It's fine, Eleie. Besides, my post fails also XD)))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "What the plan for today faggot?" "Gonna b'aw to get us to leave you alone." "Suck my dick and maybe we won't hurt you."

Ignorance flew from their lips like arrows from a bow. Each one managed to strike home with Kyden even though he wished that he was unfazed by their stupidity. It was astounding that they could be so cruel so early in the morning. While most people were trying to get their brain to work, their minds and mouths were spewing offensive garbage.

Kyden didn't know why he cared. It wasn't like he had a reputation. No matter what he said or did, the three other males would walk away and say that he was a pussy and a little bitch. Even if he fought back, verbally or physical, he would just be beaten so, because on the off chance he one at one fight, he would just loss the next and it would be an open field for everyone to have mayday with his flaws.

Leaning into the wall, he wished that he would just disappear. He knew that his problems never would, so it would be best if he just did. As the thought of suicide crossed his mind, he heard a voice. It wasn't a loud, jeering voice. It was the soft, blunt tone of someone else. Looking up, he saw what he swore was an angel for a moment. The male had beautiful blond hair, dazzling blue eyes, and ivory skin. He was too perfect to be real.

But the hand that wrapped around his wrist and jerked him forward was most certainly real.

As he was pulled forward, Kyden nearly stumbled before finding his feet and following after the other male. Even though he heard the shouts that followed them, for once he truly didn't care. Oddly enough, having someone stand up for him made all of the other crap unimportant.

When he was released in the bathroom, Kyden wrapped his hand around the write that Seth had been pulling. Though it may have looked like he was cradling it, he was actually just trying to hold the warmth for a moment longer. Flat out beaming at the other, he shook his head really fast, his long black hair whipping from side to side, before he answered, "Don't be sorry. You're officially my hero. If I didn't think you'd freak, I'd totally kiss you." The last part was made to sound like a joke, though he was totally serious. There was already the starting of a crush.

"I'm Kyden. It's nice to meet you Seth," he said with a smile. Glancing down at himself and then back at Seth, he shrugged and replied to the question, "No worse off than I was before."

"Seriously though, thank you. No one has ever helped me out before so it means a lot," Kyden said with a laugh. Glancing at his backpack, he asked, "What class do you have for first?" His tone was friendly and curious and it was obvious that he was embarrassed to have to thank Seth, but at the same time he wanted to.

[[Crap post is crap again. I'm sorry. I shall try to improve it if it sucks too much. OTL]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:48 am

Seth winced slightly when the kid held his wrist, almost apologizing again when he was suddenly faced with the biggest smile he had ever seen on someone besides Elysia. He found himself smiling at Kyden, finally finding out what his name was. "I'm glad you are okay, but you're embarrassing me!" He cried playfully at all of the praise he was receiving from Kyden.

Already finding himself warming up to Kyden, Seth headed for the door while talking, "I have math first, unfortunately. Why do they make us deal with math so early in the morning? It's inhumane! What about you?" He knew he was being slightly dramatic. Math wasn't too bad, considering he had gotten use to using it to do the bills and all. His grade in math had definitely gone over the past few years. He couldn't say his science grade was fairing the same way. With no time to study, it was steadily dropping.

"If you don't mind me asking, why were those guys bullying you?" He hesitated slightly, not knowing if the question would upset Kyden or not. "If you don't want to answer, you don't have to!" His hands waved frantically in front of his face as he spun around to gauge Kyden's reaction.

Like usual, his mind wandered off briefly on what could happen if Kyden reacted negatively.

He could scream at Seth for being insensitive and rush out of there, possibly never talk to Seth again. The thought made Seth sadden slightly because he thought that Kyden and he would make good friends. Or, Kyden could freeze and start crying. Seth was horrible with tears. The instant he saw them, his resolve weakened and he gave in to whatever they wanted, as long as it would stop them from crying. Elysia used this weakness against him well.

If Seth had to choose between the two, he would rather it be the former than the latter. He could handle being hated and the cold shoulder slightly better than a crying teenager.

"Which," he mused, "most teenagers seem to do a lot."

He returned his attention back to Kyden, having only spaced out for less than a second, just in time to trip over his own feet as he was still walking backwards. A groan left him while he looked up at Kyden from the tiled floor. "Ouch...Don't walk backwards if you have shit for balance," he advised the other male.

Hauling himself to his feet, Seth could feel embarrassment color his cheeks. What idiot seriously tripped over their own feet while talking? While he knew he wasn't the only one that this had happened too, it didn't make the flush leave his face completely. He scratched at the back of his neck and smiled at Kyden, "So...what did I ask you again? Oh, yeah. About the kids bullying you."

(((OOC:/ I know I said it would be long buuuuut....MAH BRAIN TRIED TO EATED MEH!!! D: I can't focus on anything right now. It took me about half an hour to write every two paragraphs T.T OTL I fail, and I know I promised it would be long if you went to bed. Gomenasai.)))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    A grin appeared on Kyden's pale face at Seth's reply. The fact that the other was joking around made him more comfortable and oddly safe. He couldn't recall the last time he had actually felt safe anywhere by his own room, and half of the time he didn't even feel safe in his own room because of his oh, so amazing family. The feeling was something novel that he couldn't deny that he actually really liked. That, coupled with the fact that Seth already had White Knight status made Kyden want to cling to him.

"Ah, I hate math," Kyden answered in a sympathetic tone. "They are so evil! I don't have math until right after lunch. I would die if I had it any sooner." One of his pale fingers with through his hair, pushing his red dyed bangs from his face before he answered, "I am blessed with elective art, class of the rejects." A laugh escaped Kyden, though he wasn't sure if his comment was even funny, but before he could contemplate it and get annoyed with himself, he heard the comment and paused.

His arms wrapped around his torso, cradling himself as he looked away from Seth. His gaze was thoughtful and obviously upset as he debated how to answer it. For a moment, he considered not answering, until the other appeared in front of him. He flinched back, but almost as soon as he did, Seth fell. Even if he had wanted to cry, which he didn't, since crying was not his idea of fun, he wouldn't have been able to.

Almost against his will, he started laughing and offered the guy a hand up. "Yeah, I'll try to keep that in mind if I ever get struck with the impulse," he answered as he noted the blush on his cheeks, which was an odd relief to see. Seth seemed so high above everyone else, indifferent to the way the bullies acted and the simple, but stupid rules of high school.

Kyden instantly realized that he didn't know Seth well enough to make an assumption on that.

Smiling back at Seth, he convinced himself that he owed Seth an answer to that, since he might get some backlash for helping him. The raven haired boy silently hoped that Seth wouldn't hold it against him or be disgusted. Kyden hadn't actually been able to tell anyone, since it had just started out as a stupid rumor and he had been approached by his first boy friend and confirmed it only after everybody already 'knew'.

"I'm gay," he answered, his tone soft and a gentle blush appeared on his gaunt cheeks. Just saying it, he felt the same shame that his classmates and peers were always forcing at him. He hated it, but even if he had been self confident before, his confidence would have been trashed under the constant abuse.

He paused, waiting for the rude sneer from Seth, and not really hearing anything outside of the roaring in his mind, he murmured a soft, "Yeah," before he started walking again. His head was tilted down and it was easy to see him draw inside himself, hiding from the world in his shell.

[[It was an epic length! Very Happy I was so happy to get an answer to it. ^_^ <33 I love you and your reply is epicness. It was really inspiring for me.]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 am

Seth waited patiently for an answer, glad that Kyden had smiled at him again. He couldn't help the flicker of surprise when he heard the reason Kyden was bullied, but he couldn't say he didn't expect an answer like that. It would also explain why the teachers did nothing to stop it. Seeing Kyden start to pulled inside of himself, Seth quickly said, "That's stupid."

He could tell Kyden hadn't heard him even though he responded. His hand closed gently around the other boy's wrist again, halting and smiling at him out of habit. "Homophobes and jackasses are a part of life. Don't let them get you down too much, okay?" He hoped that would help, even just a little, because he knew what it was like to feel like the world was against you sometimes. The only difference was Seth didn't let it go to his head and stick like it seemed Kyden did.

"Where is the your next class? I want to talk to you some more, but we need to start to get to class or we'll be late. I'll walk you to your's so we can talk," he offered, adding as an afterthought, "only if you want me to, that is."

He hoped Kyden would say yes. Like earlier, he still thought they could be good friends if Kyden gave him a chance. Seth didn't know how good of a friend he could be since he was always busy at home, only leaving the house once a week to maybe hang out with some acquaintances during the weekend. He was willing to try though, and if Kyden didn't want to talk to him anymore or didn't find it worth the effort, Seth would leave him alone.

It would make him sad, of course. Before his mother had gotten hooked on all of the drugs, she use to tell him how much he resembled a puppy. He could remember being embarrassed but happy that his mom was paying attention to him instead of trying to find another date for another night. Every day, he wished that his mother would clean herself up and spend some time with Elysia before she grew up.

Even though he didn't like his mother doing what she did, he didn't hate her for it. That was how he got Elysia. At the time, he had to beg and persuade his mother not to get an abortion. His mother had listened, for once, and the first time Seth saw his sister, he thanked his mother. Afterwards, she ended up back on drugs and Seth hardly saw her anymore.

Drawing his attention back to the present instead of what could be, he grinned at Kyden and opened the door, motioning for him to go out first.

(((OOC:/ My posts are getting shorter! D:)))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 am

[quote="Muzica-chan"]
    Spoiler:
    Kyden
    The touch halted him and Kyden half tensed, until he heard the other male's words. Looking at Seth's face, it was nearly impossible to read his expression, as the wheels in his head turned. Kyden's world had been limited to three categories for the past...forever. There were the people that were only interested in screwing him, the people that wanted to hurt him, and then the people who didn't even realize or care that he was alive. The categories over lapped at times and some times it felt like the people he was with fit all three, while other people fit solely in one category.

Yet, never before had someone not fit into them. They had always fit in some way. Now, Seth was standing there defying what little knowledge Kyden had of humans in general.

As soon as he had come to the conclusion that Seth didn't fit, a smile, smaller than the one that had crossed his face before, but much more of his inner thoughts, his simple, innocent joy of finding someone that he could be close with, were apparent in the smile. Kyden couldn't think of a recent time that he had felt so happy for so long. Yet, he didn't know how to reply and thank Seth for it. He couldn't find his voice to.

At the question, the smile grew and loss some of the softer emotion behind it. Nodding quickly, he answered, "I would love to walk with you. It's in the east wing. Room 201."

Walking out first, Kyden couldn't help but glance around nervously. None of the bullies from before were hanging around, and that caused him to visibly relax. Shifting the strap of his backpack, he started walking, glancing back at Seth to see if he was actually following. Tilting his head to the side, the sixteen year old asked his companion, "If you don't mind me asking: Why did you step in?" A slight blush appeared on his cheeks and he rushed to clarify, "It's not like I'm not insanely grateful. You probably saved my emo ass from committing suicide or being raped, but seriously...Why did you stop them?"

Kyden could call up almost a hundred memories of people just watching, occasionally opening their mouths but never saying anything, as he was tormented. It had been a part of his life since before he had finished junior high. Even before he had started getting accused and abused for his sexual orientation, Kyden hadn't been popular. A few people had picked on him, but it hadn't reached the point of bullying until he was about twelve.

Shaking his head, Kyden decided that he was pitying himself too much. Of course, he decided this about twelve times a day and always ended up doing it again. However, this time, he was going to focus on Seth's company instead. Maybe then he wouldn't get drawn into his own mental mess. He had never really had anyone to be curious about.

Smiling and tilted his head to the side, Kyden asked, "Completely different topic, but what is your favorite food?"

[[Might I suggest that we have a 3 paragraph limit before we are allowed to call our posts short? and a three sentence limit before we're allowed to post them. XD]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 am

Seth followed Kyden out, noticing how he checked for bullies, and contemplated on how to answer. "Well, I guess part of it might be because I have this insanely huge brotherly instinct. I can't stand to see other's being picked on...Suicide is an option, but usually, it's never the best one. Not to lecture you or anything, I just don't really believe in suicide," he grimaced at how rough his explanation was, how much room it left for misinterpretation.

He thought back to his friend from sixth grade who had hung herself. It had left barely healed mental scars for him because he never did find out why she had done it. Her parents had told him she said she was sorry in the letter she left, but that was it. Guilt curled tightly in his chest because he should have seen something was wrong before it got to that point. Now, she was dead and he was dealing with it years later the best he could.

Wondering at his own ability to drown out the rest of the world, he looked around to realize that there were a lot more kids in the hallways now. A few teachers wandered around, supposedly supervising the students. It was a great excuse for said teachers to spend a few more minutes on a cell phone or down cups of coffee in a vain attempt to wake up. Seth felt vague pity for some of them, because no how much coffee they drained, it would never be enough to deal with them. Everyone knew that quite a few teachers went behind the school to smoke. What they smoked was the mystery.

Kyden's question made him blink then laugh, "Random much? Um, favorite food? I eat almost anything, really. Even spinach, though it's disgusting and should be made illegal." His face twisted at the thought of the vegetable. "I'm not sure. It would probably apples. Would it be redundant of me to ask you the question back?

(((Reply~ Iz crap, I know. Best I could come up with though >.<" Kill me later.)))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden, socially retarded and emotionally challenged, could tell that the comment about suicide hadn't gone over well with the other male, even though he had attempted to make a joke of it. Mentally cringing, he made a mental note to not do it again…assuming he got the chance to hang out with Seth again. He was actually rather hopeful that he would, since Seth didn’t seem too bothered by his behavior or…condition as his mother had oh so fondly referred to it as when he had come out to her. The mere memory made him disgusted that he had tried to trust in her.

A smile played at Kyden’s pale features while he listened to Seth speak about food. While it wasn’t really the answer he was looking for, Kyden couldn’t help but laugh at the way Seth handled it. Running his long fingers through his black hair, making some sort of order in the mess, he grinned at Seth and replied, “It wasn’t random to my brain. I was thinking that if you were absolutely in love with, say, Chinese food or whatever, I’d treat you to that as a thank you.” With a fake pout, he added, “But since you didn’t give me a real answer, I’m just gonna buy you a bag of apples.” He stuck his tongue out so that it was more apparent that he meant his words as a joke.

Kyden didn’t bother answering what his favorite food was. Instead, he glanced around the busy hallways, attempting to ignore the way so many people seemed to be staring at him and Seth. It was Seth that drew their attention, he knew, because Kyden had walked the halls millions of times and never been noticed. It had to be that someone was talking to him. It didn’t even occur to him that he was being paranoid.

Tense and slightly jumpy, he tried to hide that from his hopeful friend as he cast another smile towards the brotherly blond. Curiously, he asked, “What’s your favorite class in this hell hole?”

[[If you think it is crap then don't post it, because I am getting tired of being like 'Oh I love this-' 'crap' =_= I make no sense! Very Happy]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

"Aw, damn. No free food for me," his tone was obviously teasing. He waited a few moments to see if Kyden would answer him back. When he didn't, Seth glanced down, noting that Kyden looked slightly uncomfortable. He wondered what could make him so uneasy, then reasoned that the kid was bullied a lot. Kyden had a good reason to be jumpy when walking down these halls.

At Kyden's question, Seth laughed, "Who has a favorite class? School in general sucks. If I had to choose one that sucked less than all the others though, it would be cooking class, I guess." He paused then added, "I sound like such a dork saying that, but I really do like to cook." He was surprised at his own honesty with Kyden. He usually didn't tell people that, at least not within the first hour of meeting them.

A few kids waved to him and he waved back, not bothering to go over since he was with Kyden. Turning to him, Seth asked, "What's your hobby or something that you enjoy doing? Hah, you thought I was going to repeat the question you asked, didn't you?" He teased the other gently.

They would be at the the east wing soon, since Seth's locker wasn't too far from it. Put out by the thought of going from Kyden's company to math, he knew he had a pout on his face. "Man, I do not want to go to math. Think I can skip without getting caught?" He grinned over at Kyden, serious for about two seconds before he sighed, "No, probably not. Damn teachers always have a way of finding me."

(((I'm sorry about the length. Mom wanted the driveway shoveled, we got rid of Butterfly, then mom wanted the tree (it got chopped up a few days ago) moved to the backyard and I spent a few hours moving that. Now, I just want to curl up and die sleep.)))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 am

[quote="Muzica-chan"]
    Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "I'll still treat you out if you want," Kyden offered with a grin. Glancing up at the taller male, the dark haired boy wanted to hug him for some odd reason. Kyden wasn't much into physical contact. Usually he cringed away from things as casual as a hand shake. The fact that he hadn't flipped out over Seth grabbing his wrist was actually rather odd. In fact, the more Kyden thought about it, the more he wondered why he hadn't panicked. It had happened before: casual contact making his mental state snap and him do something stupid.

Kyden smiled at Seth's laugh, though he wondered if the question had been a stupid one to ask. Of course. No one liked school. Kyden hated it, but at least it got him away from home. It was just his peers that made him dislike it. The lessons and learning experience were fun to him...when he could focus on them. Even though he wasn't smart, he loved studying things, loved struggling to grasp concepts that were just a little bit beyond him.

Hearing that Seth liked to cook, Kyden couldn't help but chuckle. Putting his hand to his mouth, he shook his head and told Seth, "That just fits you too well." Smiling, his dark eyes danced with mirth, before he added, forcing his tone to be serious, "But I think it's awesome. I can't cook to save my life and I hate it most of the time."

When he heard the question, the raven haired boy tilted his head back to look at the ceiling. They passed under a light which lit his bangs and cast color into his normally colorless eyes. Smiling, he confessed, "I actually did...hm..." His tone was thoughtful, even though it was only a hum. His mind worked slowly for a minute before answering, "I guess drawing. Art is sort of my thing..." With a soundless laugh, he looked at Seth and added, "Even though I suck at it."

Before he could ask another question, he spotted the pout and wanted to laugh, though he wasn't quite sure why. "If you want to skip, I know some really great hiding spots...unless you want to just leave the school. Then I know the easiest way to sneak out," he offered. His tone was nearly impossible to read. He wanted to spend more time with the blond. He liked Seth a lot and he wanted their time to last. Yet, he also wanted to go to art. At least then he could slip into the world of him mind. Of course, he could draw any time. Skipping class with a cute blond that didn't hate him for just living was a once in a life time thing.

Glancing around, he made sure that no one was looking straight at them before offering his hand to Seth. With a grin, he said, "Come on. If you want to skip, just follow me." Turning, he slipped down one of the hallways that was supposed to be only for the janitor staff and students getting their books. The hall was poorly lit and narrow, not to mention oddly crowded.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:54 am

Seth barely had a second to wonder if Kyden was serious about skipping when he found himself holding Kyden's hand and walking down a darker halllway. He had never been down this way because he had no need to and he was told it was only for janitors and a few students. That made the fact that it was crowded strange to him, but he didn't question it because he was more concerned with keeping a hold of Kyden. Like any other school, the students were already pushing and shoving to get to class, making the task of staying with Kyden hard.

"Where are we going," he asked as he sidestepped a few girls that were simply standing in the middle of the hall talking. Although it bugged him when people did that, he didn't say anything because they soon left them behind. A quiet sigh left him and he tried to ignore the crowd. He had never been one for being smashed against a bunch of other people. Well, he didn't mind if he was dancing, but he enjoyed being able to walk without tripping over someone every step he took.

His gaze was drawn to Kyden's face when he remembered how he acted when in the other hallway. He was curious to see how he was reacting with all these people around them.

"He's facing away from you, idiot. How can you see his face?" he mentally laughed at his own mistake. In an attempt to distract himself, he asked another question, "Do you have any siblings at home?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:06 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden was actually amazing that Seth took his hand and his grasp tightened around Seth's as he pushed his way down the hall. It was crowded and took more than a little elbowing to get past a few of the clots. Glancing back at Seth, Kyden smirked and answered, "We're going up to the roof."

The dark haired male kep his face forward for the most part. Though he was extremely uncomfortable, most of the kids that were still in that hall were the 'outcasts'. They were stoners, sluts, and stupid nerds. None of them fit in at the high school, so for the most part they didn't cause trouble for Kyden, unless they were in pissy moods. Still, Kyden didn't like being surrounded by people. He was as tense as a rubber band about to snap. Every time one of the guys standing around the lockers moved, Kyden would shift, practically flinch away, but soon the crowd was left behind. It ended, almost abruptly, under a sign that read: Employees only.

The hall continued on, steadily growing darker, and about half way down, there was a group of three girls. They didn't say anything to them as Kyden quickly led Seth past, but just after the two males passed, one of the girls looked up and shouted, "Kyden, lay off the crack you stupid slut!"

"Fuck you, you whore!" Kyden shouted back without bothering to look back. He raised his middle finger over his shoulder, though his tone made it impossible to tell if the two of them were joking around or not.

"Any time you want, faggot!" the girl shrieked with a giggle before leaning into one of the other girls.

Reaching a door at the end of the hall, Kyden jerked it open. Inside was a ruddy reddish orange light. Smiling at Seth, Kyden told him, "If we get caught, it is more trouble than just skipping. Are you okay with that?" Kyden's tone was apologetic since he had forgotten to warn Seth of that earlier. Leaning his head against the open door, he waited for Seth's answer, the look on his face an uncertain mix of happiness and hesitance.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:53 am

Seth sighed happily when they left the mass of kids abruptly and entered a dark, but nearly empty hallway. He thought of what others would think to see him sneaking off to a secluded area with a gay kid, but decided he really didn't care. He didn't mind rumors because they were hardly true, and he just didn't care what others thought about him. It caused too much stress and unnecessary drama that he didn't have time for. It was easier to walk with your head up and smirking at them then to act like a beaten dog.

He wasn't sure what to do when Kyden and the girl tossed insults between themselves, so he did nothing but follow Kyden. He was confused about the girls, but let it slide. It wasn't his business what they were doing in the dark hallway. When Kyden opened the door, he winced slightly at the light that invaded the soft darkness that his eyes had adjusted too. Curiously, he glanced between Kyden and the open doorway.

"More trouble?" He paused, then grinned. "As long as I'm not in class, I don't care. Besides, we've already come this far and it's too late to go back to class anyways."

Even if he did get caught, there wouldn't be any consequences waiting for him at home. If anything, it would make it easier to pick Elysia up from school without having to rush. Why the school system deemed it appropriate that the elementary kids got out before high schoolers was beyond him. All he knew was that it made his job a bit harder. Racing to get his sister was probably the only thing that kept him as thin as he was, he thought to himself in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden smiled, hearing that the other male didn’t care about getting in trouble. That was a relief. Of course, it was sort of a no brainer that Seth didn’t care. If he did, he wouldn’t have even suggested skipping. While Kyden didn’t particularly care about the trouble he could, or rather would, get in if he was caught, he didn’t want to be kicked out of school. He hated having nowhere to go and nothing to do. With no friends, he couldn’t come up with a decent excuse to leave the house and even when he did leave, he usually ended up going somewhere and feeling uncomfortable and leaving.

Shaking his head, Kyden lead the way into the boiler room. The room held the mechanics for most of the school. There was a ruddy light in the whole place that wasn’t exactly bright, but illuminated everything clearly, except for the corners. The lighting came from reddish orange ceiling lamps that were strung at random intervals along the ceiling. There were benches and random bits of cloth around the walls of the room.

“This is the janitors’ room. They don’t mind us passing through, but I’ll get in trouble if they catch you in here, so come on,” Kyden said, leading the way around the boiler. There was a small ladder leaned, seemingly randomly, against one wall and the dark haired male went straight to it. Glancing at Seth, he smiled and told the other, “I’ll head up first, since you have to elbow the door a certain way to get it open, okay?”

Pausing for only a second longer, he scampered up the ladder and when he reached the top, he used his elbow to push at the corner of one of the ceiling tiles. It lifted up and he used his thin fingers to push the tile back, causing the room to flood with sun light. Cringing at the brightness, he narrowed his eyes and then reached up to pull himself through. Up on the ceiling, Kyden stretched out in the sun light. The school roof was flat with whitish yellowish covering. The surface was bumpy and rough against his skin.

Turning over the hole, he called down, “Can you get yourself up?” Kyden had never taken anyone up there before and he could recall the difficulty he had had pulling himself up the first time. Of course, back then he had been following a senior up and…Kyden shook his head, forbidding the dark thoughts from bothering him.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

Seth looked around, the machines spiking his interest. He had never been in a boiler room or anything of the sort. Kyden's words barely registered with him and he gave a nod, hoping the other wouldn't notice he lack of attention. "Yeah, I'll follow you up," he answered. It didn't matter to him as long as they got out of class and this room. The amazement was starting to turn in to unease.

He moved to stand underneath the ladder and looked around the room. The bits of cloth caught his curiosity, but he let it go. It wouldn't be good if he wandered around and got caught, at least that's what Kyden had told him. The sound of scraping made him look up just in time for the harsh sunlight to hit his eyes. His body instinctively jerked away with a hiss and one of his hands rushed to cover his eyes.

"Ouch, little more warning next time?" He complained weakly, blinking rapidly to make the stinging pain go away. He squinted when he looked up this time, able to make out Kyden's face looking back down at him. At his question, Seth answered, "I can make it...I think." He muttered the last part but started up anyways.

It wasn't too hard for him to get. He wavered a few times, but climbed it with ease. Climbing up and down fire escapes at his apartment made great practice, he supposed. Once at the top, he clambered out and looked around in awe. He had never been to the roof o the school before, mainly because he didn't know how to get up here. Now that he did, Seth had a feeling he would be skipping class a little more often.

Though their school wasn't big and only one story high, he still like the view it gave them. With his own apartment being on the third floor, he was use to higher places, but the rooftop was more secluded. He decided instantly that he loved it up here and turned to thank Kyden for bringing him.

"This is awesome," he smiled. "My apartment is higher up, of course, but this is different. It's more...quiet. I dunno, but I like it."
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    “Sorry,” Kyden murmured as Seth appeared up on the roof with him. Standing up, Kyden stretched with nearly feline grace as the sunlight warmed his face and sore shoulders. He hadn’t even been aware of the ache in his lithe frame until the warmth washed it away, leaving him with nothing but the sense of relaxation. Oddly, he tensed again, not even realizing it, when Seth spoke.

Turning back towards the blond, Kyden tilted his head with a smile and nodded. Wrapping his arms around himself, Kyden told him, “When I was a freshmen...well, someone showed me this place and when they left, this became my hideout.” With a soft laugh, he looked over the edge, towards the horizon and added, “I love how it makes me feel alone, away from everyone else.” Looking at Seth, he smiled and added, “If you want to come here without me, I won’t complain. Just don’t get caught by a teacher or the janitors will have to seal it off again.”

Walking over to the edge that faced the school’s football field, which was on the opposite side from the second building, Kyden leaned over the edge. Below was pavement. While the school was only one story, the fall was still at least fourteen feet. The dark haired male couldn’t help but wonder how much would be broken if he jumped. As soon as he thought it, he wanted to try it. It would be fun to leap over. He could try to fly and see if he broke when he fell.

Drawing back from the edge and away from the dark thoughts, he glanced at the blond and then up at the sky. With a sigh, he sat down against the ledge of the roof. His eyes remained on the deep blue above as he mused, “I wonder what the stars will look like tonight.”
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 am

"I think I might take you up on the that offer," Seth mumbled, still looking around at the surrounding buildings. He turned to look at Kyden and felt his heart jump at how close the other was to the edge. Just as he started towards him, Kyden pulled back and sat instead of leaning near the edge. His heartbeat slowed and he made his way over to sit beside him in time to catch the comment.

"I don't know. I rarely get to see the stars very well because of all the lights around where I live," his voice held a tint of sadness. He could barely remember when his mother use to take him out where there were no lights or houses and gaze at the stars with him. That was long ago though, so there was no point in dwelling on it. Maybe he could take Elysia out there one day so she could see the stars instead of hazy pinpoints in the sky.

Kyden's hair caught his attention and he reached over to fix the mess out of habit. Realizing how weird it must be to have a guy you just met to be messing with your hair, he pulled away. "Sorry, it's habit for me to fix hair. It's probably from taking care of my sister. Sorry again if it was too weird," he apologized, leaning back on his hands.

The slight breeze that had been blowing picked up and Seth let himself fall backwards on the roof, laughing when the wind blew his shirt up. He pulled it back down and placed one hand on his stomach to keep it down. The grin stayed on his face as he looked up at the sky and the few clouds that broke the endless blue. "So, anymore questions you wish to ask me, or am I free to claim I am your closest and dearest friend already?" His tone made it plain that he was joking, though he was hoping Kyden would ask him more so he could ask questions back.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "Yeah, but if the forecast is clear, I run away to star gaze. One time I was gone for a whole month," Kyden said, his tone slightly distant at the memories of that time danced around him. It wasn't a lie or an exaggeration. For a full thirty days, he had steadily traveled north, trying to find clearer and clearer skies so he could enjoy the lights above and beyond human control and beyond any living creature's capacity for beauty. He was abruptly drawn back by the feeling of something touching his head.

While Kyden didn't flip, he couldn't stop himself from snapping his gaze towards Seth and completely freezing, like a deer caught in headlights. Yet, almost before he had done it, he was forcing himself to relax again. Shaking his head, he didn't answer, but offered an uncertain smile before remarking, "You seem like you must be a great older brother. I mean, you're protective and gentle and all that stuff."

Drawing his knees up, he smiled at Seth, laughing when the other fell over backwards. He couldn't deny that his heart was thundering, though he wasn't sure. Was it from the startle of someone touching or was it because of Seth? He leaned more towards the latter as he glimpsed the blond's skin and his heart rate spiked again.

"You can claim it all you want. No body wants the title," Kyden answered in a joking tone. Tilting his head to the side, he thought for a moment, before adding, "But if you want me to claim that you're my closest and dearest friend, you have to answer this correctly. Who is the worst singer of all time?" Kyden's black eyes danced with mirth and his own mind reeled over the answers. In a cheerful afterthought, he added, "Also, who is your favorite singer or your favorite band and is jrock cool?" With a laugh, he facepalmed and remarked, "I just gave you a pop quiz. I seriously fail at life."
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am

"A whole month? That sounds awesome," Seth commented. He had noticed Kyden's reaction but didn't say anything on it, but that didn't mean he would stop. If Kyden wanted him to stop touching him, he would have to speak up. It was a bad habit of his to push people until they spoke because he didn't like assuming things.

At the compliment, he simply smiled lightly, "Yeah, I guess so. I've been taking care of her since she was born, so the need to care for others has grown on me."

"Miley Cyrus," he answer immediately. Favorite singer is Miho Fukuhara. Don't make fun of me, she's an awesome singer. I don't really have a favorite band. Jrock is awesome," he answered. "You don't fail and now it's my turn." He paused and thought about what he wanted to ask. He figured it would be best not to ask anything too personal because that would be awkward.

"What is your favorite color? Stupid question, but how old are you? When's your birthday? Do you like ramen?" He listed the questions off with a small pause in between each. "There, I gave a pop quiz so we both fail," he teased, eyes flickering between Kyden and the sky. He was curious about Kyden in a way he hadn't been about someone before, and if asking questions solved that curiosity, then he would keep up the "interrogation".

When the wind picked up briefly again, Seth was reminded of the necklace he wore. Shoving into a technically upright position, he slipped it over his head. It wasn't much, just seven wind-chimes with a single piece of black string looped through them. Elysia had given it to him though, so he wore it ever day. As the window made the metal pieces bump into each other, Seth thought of the five year old's reasoning for seven wind-chimes.

"Why seven, Elysia?" He asked, holding the necklace slightly above him to look at it from an angle.

"Because seven is a lucky number. My name is six letters and if you add one, it's seven," she told him like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He laughed and picked her up so they could look at the necklace together, "Where do you get the plus one from?"

"You," was the simple response she gave. "Elysia plus you equals seven."

Seth wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, so he hugged her and blew on the wind-chimes to make music for them.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "Wow. It must have been difficult to take care of her when you were younger," Kyden remarked as a small smile played at his lips, trying to imagine what Seth must have looked like back then. Of course, he didn't know how old Seth's little sister was and he wasn't entirely sure how old Seth was. He wasn't even sure if he and Seth were in the same grade. The realization startled him. Kyden was completely oblivious to most of his classmates. There were a few of his old friends that had ignored him for a while and now he couldn't even recall if they were still attending his school. The thought was a it bothersome.

Refocusing on Seth, Kyden actually clapped when he heard the worst singer ever. The smile on his face grew, happy to meet someone else that liked Miho Fukuhara, though Seth's next comment surprised him. "No favorite band? Weird," Kyden told the other male in a joking tone. At the questions, Kyden tilted his head and answered, "As emo as this might sound, black is my favorite color. I am an amazing sixteen years old. My birthday is February 29. I love ramen and would live off it if I could."

Kyden glanced over and saw Seth take out the necklace. The sound of the wind blowing and making the chimes dance against each other brought a small smile to his face. The shiny metal held his gaze and he couldn't help but ask, "Who gave that to you? It's beautiful."

Shifting, he pulled off his shoes and hung his feet over the side of the roof and stared up into the sky. Stretching his arms above him, Kyden thought for a moment. The silence of the rooftop helped clear his mind. He could imagine the time ticking away below. Up here, time didn't exist. He loved it so much. It was so different from anywhere else.

As the cold wind tore at the bottoms of his pants legs, a chill crept into his bones. A shiver raced through him, but he didn't bother moving. The cold was nice. It made his heart beat faster. Curiously, he asked Seth, "What is the color of the sky? Do you chase rainbows with your eyes? What is your favorite weather? What season is the best." Looking over at the blond, Kyden asked, "Where is your favorite place to hang out?" The questions were random, but Kyden figured that they sort of made sense. He just hoped that none of them were too nosy. He always felt that everything he asked was.

Date: 11/25
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:08 pm

"Not really. I was eleven when she was born, so I was basically taking care of myself anyways," he explained. A laugh left him when Kyden actually clapped. "Not a huge fan of her, I'm guessing?" He teased. Of course, Seth had already guessed that Kyden wouldn't like her when he mentioned Jrock before, but it was nice to know he more than agreed with him.

"Black does sound emo, but it's still nice at times. Woo, we are both sixteen! You are older than me. I was born on May 11, according to the old baby pictures of me that I found. Ramen is a way of life!" He commented, thinking of all the ramen stashed away at his apartment. It was cheap and good, so he bought different flavors and pretty much lived off of ramen, rice, and water.

Blue hues glanced at Kyden then back at the necklace, "Elysia, my little sister. She made it for me about a year ago and I've wore it ever since. I only take it off when I get in water. I'll tell her you like it."

When Kyden grew quiet, Seth let his mind wander a bit. He had noticed Kyden a few times around the school, but since he always kept quiet and seemed to shy away from everyone, Seth didn't approach him. Sometimes, he would forget Kyden was even there for months until the other boy suddenly appeared in front of him. It made him feel bad that he could so easily forget about another human, but it didn't surprise him. He was a high school student who barely paid attention in the first place.

Kyden shivering didn't go unnoticed by Seth, who took off his jacket and draped it over the other before answering his questions. "The sky is red, blue, green, and yellow. Rainbows give hope so I guess so. My favorite weather is today. Windy, sort of chilly, but clear. Fall is my favorite because that's when the sky is clearest and the different colors are pretty. I don't really have a favorite place to hang out, unless you count my own apartment because I rarely leave it," he paused, going over the answers in his head and making sure he answered every question.

Seth grew quiet again, trying to think of questions that weren't too personal. It was hard in a way, because he wanted to ask Kyden if he had siblings, who is parents were, what they did for a living and things like that right from the start. He knew it was rude though, so he didn't and settled for small talk questions that allowed him to get to know Kyden better nonetheless.

"Can you swim? Do you like sweets? How many CDs do you own and what genre is the majority of them?" He stopped again, debating over asking the next question. "I know this is going to sound rude, but I've never noticed you in any of my classes or grade. Are we even in the same grade? Please tell me we aren't in the same grade, or I'll feel like such an ass."

Although his tone was light and joking, he really hoped they weren't in the same grade. To not notice someone that he had probably been going to school with for years would be horrible. Plus, make him wonder about his own awareness of his life in general. How could you not see someone for years?
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "I don't care for her as a person and I despise what she calls music," Kyden answered in a jokingly prim tone. Grinning at the other's reply, Kyden mentally sulked to know that he was not only shorter than Seth, but also older. He hated being short, but being half Asian didn't exactly give him much hope on being tall. The fact that his older brother was nearly six feet tall was nothing short of a miracle as far as the family was concerned. Nodding, his head, he agreed, "Ramen is the best food I have yet to enjoy."

Seth's answer didn't surprise Kyden. There was something about the way the blonde held the necklace that said it was precious. Smiling, his black eyes danced with his happiness as he told the other, "Tell her that she has amazing taste in jewelry." Looking away from the necklace, he added, "It really suits you well."

Kyden silently went through his memories of school and his classmates. The memory of Seth's face plagued his memory. It was like a phantom in the night, it stirred something but the memory was neither recent enough nor strong enough for him to completely recall it. Of course, the dark haired boy instantly marked it off as them passing in the halls. They saw each other every other day, even if they never acknowledged each other. It was the most likely possibility, since they were the same age, which meant Kyden was a grade ahead of Seth.

Feeling the jacket draped over his shoulders, Kyden tensed and glanced over at Seth. "Thank you," he said softly, as he listened to Seth answer the reel of questions. Smiling, he questioned, "Green?" He couldn't help but agree with the rest. The chill of the day made it absolutely perfect with the wind and the clear skies about. Kyden would only ask for more cloud cover so he could make shapes with his eyes. Chuckling slightly, Kyden answered, "it only counts if you like it at your apartment, because I almost never leave my house and it has never counted as a favorite hang out."

As Seth thought about what to ask Kyden, the dark eyed male did the same. He wanted to ask about Seth's sister and why he had had to raise her on his own. Yet, Kyden knew that asking a personal question would make room for Seth to ask personal questions about him. While he didn't mind it too much, he really didn't want Seth to think of him as pathetic, even if he truly was.

The urge to laugh struck him at how random the questions were, but he suppressed it and answered them in order, "Yes, sometimes, none." He waited for the next question, sensing that Seth wasn't finished. When he heard it, he replied with a slight smile, "No, we're not and I was thinking the same thing earlier. I got skipped ahead a grade when I was still really young. If we were ever in the same grade, it was years ago, so, yeah, you're not an ass." Kyden made a silly face to assure the other that he was jesting.

Tilting his head back to look up at the sky, he made a soft hum and then asked, "Do you like strawberries? Are you allergic to anything? What do you hate the most about the world? What inspires you the most?" Looking at Seth, Kyden went to ask more, but then decided that four questions was enough. His curiosity about the male was only getting worse the more they talked. Where did Kyden live? What was it like? Did he have his own car yet? Was his father around? Was his mother around? Yet, all of these questions would go unanswered, at least for now. Kyden couldn't bring himself to pry.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Seth laughed, "I'll tell her and thank you." Elysia would be overjoyed that someone had complimented something she made, though she seemed popular enough at school. It was good because it meant she had friends and in a few years, Seth would be comfortable enough to let her spend the night with those friends.

"Rainbow clouds, my friend," he said in explanation, "and the sky is technically black, so if you darker all of those colors or mix them together, you get black." He paused, trying to decided if his apartment was his favorite place. Finally, he answered, "No, it doesn't count as my favorite place because you showed me here." His arm swept out to indicate the rooftop.

His tongue shot out childishly, "Yay, that means we can go swimming when it's warmer. I don't fancy swimming in ice water. You don't have any CDs?!" He leaned towards Kyden, disbelief plain on his face. "How can you have no music? Music is a reason to live!" He knew he was being dramatic but he also believed what he had just said.

Relief made him lean back again, "Oh good. Wait, that means you are a year ahead and you are older. Am I allowed to make fun of your height?" Suppressed laughter could be heard in the question. "Though, I suppose you could always use your awesome intellect to confuse me and make me look stupid," he tact on, eyes going back to roaming over the surround buildings.

"Strawberries are okay if they have sugar. They get stuck in my teeth, so I don't like them too much. As far as I know, I'm not. Um..." hesitating to answer the next question, he skipped it in favor for more time to think and answered the next instead. "Fantasy worlds inspire me. The thought of another world, doesn't even have to better than this one, is an interesting thought. I sort of want to visit a parallel world. I might be a murderer, or rich, or even a girl," he grinned at nothing, small bursts of laughter leaving him. "I think I would make an ugly girl though. My features are too masculine."

He fell silent, thinking about what he hated most. He could name plenty of things he hated. His mother doing drugs, the fact that she slept around with anyone at anytime. Multiple times he had to take Elysia out to the park because his mother had stumbled in, hanging off the arm of a stranger. Even though he should be thankful for this because that's how he had gotten Elysia, his mother hadn't tried to find the man that could claim to be her father. If she had, then they would have some child support coming in and that would make things a little easier.

He hated that kids felt the need to put others down. Schools had to be one of the most hate filled places in the world. It didn't matter what country you went to, it was always the same. Kids hating each other because they were different, because they could. This fact made him fear letting Elysia go to school, at least it did until he went to pick her up one day to find one of Elysia's friends beating another kid for calling Elysia a name. He didn't worry too much with Angela around.

He hated that no one had stopped to help him when he had gotten mugged a year ago. The middle of the sideway, in broad daylight, yet no one had said a word. They passed him by, not helping him after the men how ganged up on him had left. It had left him jumpy and suspicious of everyone, and it wasn't until recently that he had calmed down when on the streets or in crowds.

A harsh sigh left him and he looked up at the sky, "I guess I hate lots of things, but nothing in particular. I mean, I could hate my life and how hard it is, but it's not really that bad. Elysia and I have warm home and food, which is more than some people can claim."

It was a lame answer, but an honest one.

Humming while thinking, he asked, "Is your hair naturally black or red or a completely different color? When did you start dying you hair? Do you like the rain? And now," he turned his line of sight to Kyden, amusement dancing in the blue gaze, "the most important question! Do you wanna come to come meet Elysia if you have nothing better to do?" His tone left it up for debate if he was playing around or dead serious.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden's black eyes widened with understanding when he realized what Seth meant about rainbow clouds and the sky being black. He couldn't help but smile and nod when Seth said that the rooftop would be his favorite place. "That makes it the favorite place of two people," Kyden answered in a joking tone as his hands slid over the rough material.

Sticking his tongue out in reply, he answered, "Yay swimming." A laugh escaped him and he held up his hands. "I didn't say that I don't have music. I just don't have CDs. All of my music is on my MP3. Most of my music is metal, rock, dance, or techno from all different countries." Nodding, he grinned as he admitted, "Music is the only reason that I wake up in the mornings. Nothing else makes life enjoyable." Another laugh passed his lips and he nodded and answered, "Yeah, yeah, I'm older and smarter and shorter. Mock me all you want." Shaking his head, he poked the blond and assured him, "I'm not gonna make you look stupid. I fail at doing that to anyone, but myself."

Kyden mentally made a face at the thought of adding sugar to...well, anything really. He didn't hate it, but he strongly avoided it. When Seth skipped the question, he didn't notice for a second. Laughing, he told Seth, "You'd probably be a butch chick, but I can't imagine you being ugly anything." Making a face, he added, "Though you'd still be a chick, so what do I know?"

As Seth was silent, Kyden realized the other was contemplating his question. For a moment, he considered telling Seth not to worry about it. If the question was too personal, he could just skip it. Before he could find the words, however, Seth spoke again. The answer made Kyden feel guilty. It was odd, because he had never felt guilty for hating his life before. Glancing down at his hands, he remarked softly, "Yeah that's...true, but not many people see the simple things." Looking up at the blond, his dark eyes were unreadable as he told him, "It's really noble to think that way."

A sudden laugh escaped him and a blush colored his cheeks when he was questioned about his hair. The reaction was oddly adorable from him. Frowning, he punched Seth's shoulder lightly and told him in a teasing tone, "If you want to know if my color is real or not, you have to let me browse through your CDs first. I love the rain, though every time I dance in it, I feel like I'm gonna end up doing something stupid, like look up with my mouth open and drown."

His expression was eager as he saw the amusement in the blue eyes. When he heard the question, he was confused by the tone, but nodded excitedly anyway. Even if Seth wasn't serious, the worst he could do is prove that Kyden was right and all humans were the same. Smiling at his new and probably only friend, he answered, "I'd love to meet your little sister. We could cut school and pick her up early, if you want. My ass is dying, sitting here."

Glancing up at the sky again, Kyden to judged it to be around noon. He wasn't an expert on it, but after spending most of the past two years up there, he had picked up some knowledge on guessing the time. Of course, every time he tried to figure out the time, he always wondered why the heck he hadn't yet bought a watch. It would make skipping the more annoying classes considerably easier.

"Oh!" he said, snapping his fingers. "My last question because my brain is being stupid. Do you have a b-girl friend?" Though he knew that the question was probably not one he should ask, Kyden couldn't help himself. Even though he knew that he was infatuated with Seth, he also knew that it was flighty and insincere. If he was going to let himself feel more than the shallow, temporary longing, he had to know that he had a chance. Otherwise, he would emotionally fix himself on just being friends...Though the more he thought about it, the less he liked the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice (Private)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next