Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Credits : 571

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:33 am

I can't honestly say I know which of them I am
and which I am faced with
But I have hopes for which will win.

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) Ren-Honjo-nana-7777619-400-300

Running...that was something he had always been good at. When push came to shove, there was no warrior in him that would shove back. Nope, he gave, caved, and ran away. He motto was better to live to fight another day. The day that he would actually stand in fight was still in question.

When he had been merely fourteen years old, Adrian had gotten tired of running in the same circles. So, rather than stand up for himself and pushed back, he broke off the beaten path and ran away from home. Somehow, he managed to make it from the small town he had been born and raised in to a large city without being murdered, raped, or robbed. Once there, he was both raped and robbed. It did a number on his head, but he had stubbornly continued to flee, and eventually, he was able to leave enough of it behind to get over all of it.

It was shortly after coming to terms with it that he met the love of his life. She was one of those girls that left an impression, even on those that only met her in passing. They didn't know each other more than the heat of their bodies and the thundering of their hearts before passion sparked between the two. A one night thing turned into a lifetime. Together, the two strays concurred the city...at least in their own minds.

The two formed a band and got jobs at the same restaurant. Adrian worked as a cook, while his girl busted her ass busting tables. They barely made ends meet, barely kept from starving by snagging extras on break, and barely kept their jobs from their frequent 'interpersonal interactions' but the two of them were happy. They had their music, their work, and most of all, each other. It was all they needed to stay alive.

It did not feel right breaking that up.

Exhaling harshly, Adrian stared at the computer screen. When he turned eighteen, when he was finally old enough that they couldn't drag him back there, he had made a facebook. It wasn't to reconnect with his asshole classmates or buddy up with his abusive dad or converse with his religion perverting mother. No. He had only gotten a facebook so that he could keep tabs on his baby sister and when she needed him badly, she got get him.

He, however, had never expected her to need him for something like...that. His mind had always been set on the fact that someday, his father's abuse would switch to her. Then he would have to play the knight in shining armor and come save her.

Never had he imagined that the old bastard would die.

Dear Brother Adrian,
            Please be aware that I know how much you detest this place, and I know that given the choice, you would never return, but I really need you right now. Father is dying. While he has always been a good father to me, I was not blind to what he did to you, so I understand your discontent with him. As a devout daughter and loving sister, it would be untrue of me to say that I don't wish for you two to reconcile. That, however, is not the issue that is at hand. I fear in her devotion to her beliefs, Mother may very well spend all of the money that will be left. Try as I might, I cannot get a job. Mother will not get a job. If she gets her hands on the money, I may very well end up on the streets. I want my education, badly, dear brother, so I ask-no-I BEG of you: Come home. Convince Father to leave you the money. Save me from a life of suffering.
            Much love and kind regards,
            Your Sister

Shaking his head and clicking his tongue thoughtfully, Adrian read and reread the message. His sister always had a way with words. Without ever one phrasing it as an accusation, she had firmly planted blame on him. If he didn't return, it would be all her fault if she ended up on the streets. She would never forgive him for making her live a life that she wasn't suited for.

Making up his mind, he stood up and called his girl's name, not sure if she was home. The two of them lived in a small apartment. There was the small balcony, the living room, the tiny kitchen, the tinier bedroom, and a bathroom that barely had enough room for the toilet, sink, and shower. It wasn't hard to find her. Wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, he kissed her neck and murmured sweetly, "I have a favor, my love."
Back to top Go down
Bird

Bird

Credits : 157

PostSubject: Re: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Spoiler:
Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) 90c1cebf

Her parents weren't bad people. They were just... suffocating. They were the type of people who listened to when commercials said "viewer discretion advised", or "log on with your parent's permission". Soda was only for special occasions, and coffee was never allowed for the young, growing girl. Skirts that went above the knee? Absurd! Spaghetti straps? Only for whores.
        Sleepovers were always embarrassing at her house. Her friends avoided any and all conversation about her parents. Well, what friends she had. She knew they were doing what they thought was right, but she couldn't take it anymore. She ran away when she was 15. It was simple at first. She could get rides easily. But then they started getting grabby. Apparently, young girls on their own are irresistible. One man took it too far, and that's when she stopped hitchhiking. She hopped on a bus and went as far as a few stolen dollars would take her.
        She made it to the city with her dignity intact, and found somebody just like her. He was her first relationship, and she went into it full steam. They found a job together at a restaurant, and later agreed to make a band together.

Lucia smiled fondly at those memories. At her past life. It was behind her now, and she couldn't be happier. She was in the kitchen, boiling some water for her ramen. She stood by the stove, waiting for the kettle to scream, when she felt arms around her and a kiss fell on her neck. Adrian asked for a favor, and she rolled her eyes and smiled even though he couldn't see. "Oh, what do you want now, darling dearest?" She couldn't help but smirk, her tone being pleasant, yet sarcastic. Just then the kettle started screaming, so she flipped the stove off and poured the boiling water into a bowl with her ramen noodles in it.

[[ What do you think? ; ~ ; ]]
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) 3076

Shifting with her as she prepared her noodles, he smiled against her neck, never moving away from her. Inhaling, he nuzzled her before shifting to rest his chin on her shoulder and tilt his head against hers. With his eyes closed he told her, "I love this place almost as much as I love you, and I know that you feel much the same about it. You know I would never ask you to leave here, but I have to go and I want you to come with me, love."

Releasing her, he moved to lean against the counter and watch her face, trying to gage her reaction to what he was saying. He wasn't exactly sure how to explain what he wanted. Could he really ask her to leave the city that brought them together? He didn't know how he would get there, much less both of them safely. It wasn't like they had a car. It was unneeded in the city. Hitchhiking wasn't a sport for two...However, he knew with just as much certainty that he wouldn't leave her there. They would find a way to make due. The two of them could beg, borrow, and plead for money from their friends. Maybe they would go by bus or find a crap car that would just barely get them there.

With a half smirk, he added sweetly, "My dearest father is dying and calling me home. While I would rather forever stay here by your side, I do have a promise to my sister." Though Lucia didn't know about what had happened to him when he first got there, she had been told all about his home life. His lunatic mother, abusive father, and adorable sister had been spoken of in detail. Most of the time he had been cussing them.

Reaching out, he rubbed his hand against her arm and added, "I need to go back. I am sure we could stay in my family home. If you won't come with me, will you wait for me?"
Back to top Go down
Bird

Bird

Credits : 157

PostSubject: Re: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) 90c1cebf

Lucia knew from Adrian's tone that he was going to say something big, but she didn't know how big it would be. She tried to keep her face neutral as she had a habit of overreacting. She watched him out of the corner of her eye as she poked her noodles with a fork, just listening to him. There was a long silence in which he was thinking. The only real noise was her crunching noodles beneath her fork, waiting for them to soften in the steaming water.

Then he spoke again. She couldn't really prepare herself for what he said. His dad is dying? She felt sad. He made a promise? She was jealous. He needs to leave? She felt anger. She stopped poking her noodles and looked up, staring. She stared at him for a second or two, before sighing. It was no use getting all worked up over it. He made up his mind, and it was time for her to make up hers. Would she mind leaving? After everything they've been through here, together? 'It's not like we're going back to my home', she thought. It was a plus. But he was going back to his home, the one he hated so much.

Lucia stared at him again, "I... how long? Will we be there, I mean." She stared down at her noodles again, not really feeling hungry any more, but knowing she should eat them. She shouldn't be making a big deal out of this. They've lived here long enough, met each other, made a life together, now it's time to move on. Make a life somewhere else. Another thought popped into her head, "How will we get there? You know we're broke..." She sighed. Just go with the flow. He wants this, and it's not hurting you in anyway. She smiled up at him, "And yes, I'll definitely be going with you. There's no way I'm staying here by myself." She shuddered comically, then stuck her tongue out at him.

Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

"I don't know. Probably until Mom is committed or until Dad signs his life insurance over to my sister," Adrian admitted honestly. He couldn't imagine Lucia being eager to go there, but he wasn't surprised when she agreed to go with him. Happy, most certainly, but not surprised. Over the years, they had grown so close that he couldn't imagine her willingly leaving him, just as he would never willingly leave her. This situation didn't count. If he had the choice, he wouldn't be going back.

"Thank you," he whispered, leaning in to give her a quick kiss. Shifting back, he grinned and added, "I shall go take care of transportation now. Nick and Nikki owe me a favor, and Clare knows that I am good for the money if she loans it to me. That should be enough to get us there...or at least most of the way."

Pausing for a moment, he studied Lucia, before giving her another quick kiss and whispering a soft, "I love you." He then exited the room to call up his friends. It didn't take long for him to start begging and pleading, as well as arguing and blackmailing. Money was tight for everyone, but eventually, he had enough to start their journey. He had no idea what they would do half way through, but he assumed that they could figure it out. It would take a week or so for them to get the money promised and waiting much longer wasn't an option.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)   Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Between an Angel and a Demon (Private, Possibly Mature)
Page 1 of 1