Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stolen Moments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Credits : 163
Location : In a tree, throwing bullets at people with a gun :D

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

Stolen Moments Tumblr10

Harmony tapped away at the black and whites keys of the piano he was sitting at. Quiet medleys filled the empty space of the music room, resounding off the supposed sound-proof walls. Up and down, twirling around his fingertips, around his torso, through his hair, down his back, back up again and around his throat, the music caressed and soothed him. The feeling was familiar after years of doing this and succeeded in driving away lingering pain from fighting with his father. The happiness that came from a simple tune always helped in banishing the bad thoughts that seemed to plague his mind, and it is what kept him coming back to the music during his free period.

It was during this period that he was allowed to enter the music room without supervision. Every now and then, he would be able to get permission to stay after school and play the instruments, but those times were few and far in between. The new music teacher was more lenient than the last one though, having taken pity on Harmony and allowing him to play more often. The bullies couldn’t follow him in here. It was a grateful, much needed break that he never took for granted. Since the blood had started to leak from his eyes, the kids in the school started to fear him, and they channeled that fear into aggression towards him. He could hold his own against them, but day after day of it started to wear his body and blood thin. It only took a few times for him to figure out that physical exertion caused his eyes to cry blood.

Unfortunately, the bullies had figured this fact out too.

Breathing out a sigh, he leaned forward to rest his forehead on the keys, creating a harsh clashing of notes. Without bothering to lift his head, he reached up and began easily playing a children’s nursery rhyme. The nursery rhyme smoothly transition to something he had composed for one of Gloomy’s songs. The song had been designed for a guitar instead of a piano, making the rhythm sad and forlorn instead of sharp and powerful. Less than a minute later, he played into another one of Gloomy’s songs. This one was slow, sadder, and obviously designed for only a piano to play.

It made Harmony smile.

It had taken him months to convince Gloomy to let him turn his poems into songs, and then even longer to persuade him into writing actual song lyrics. His friend had a way with words that he had always admired. The dark haired boy could take a mundance sentence that Harmony had come up with and turn it into a captivating story. Harmony had recently started pestering Gloomy to teach him how to phrase things in such beautiful ways. With his only talent and means of communication a pen and music, he had a hard time getting what he wanted to say across with most people. Many people didn’t have the patience for Harmony that Gloomy did though. No one talked to him for very long because of how long they would have to wait around for Harmony to write out his response.

As memories of being left behind by so many kids surfaced, he abruptly stopped playing the song he was on and switched to one of his favorites. Beethoven’s Fur Elise flowed from his fingers, a simple tune that he knew by memory. The heavy thoughts lifted enough for him to be able to smile without it looking forced or pained. Halfway through the song, a noise from behind him made him gasp and jump. Twisting quickly in the seat, he froze and stared at the stranger with wide eyes.

(((OOC:/ Private for Irrui)))
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Credits : 735

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo swayed to the beat that blasted through his vocaloid headphones, his mouth moving to lyrics unaware that he was singing very quietly. His eyes were closed, opening occasionally to check his path. He felt free during this time of day, the sun high in the sky and the wind blowing. The birds would fly overhead, their chirping breaking the beat of his music. Everything felt so carefree from the dramatic life of high school.

Halo moved through the baseball field, taking the familiar route to the music room, where he could sing as loud as he wanted and not be caught. It was rare for him to have the urge to sing during school hours, usually waiting until after school to make his way to the music room. He wasn’t usually allowed to use the room, however, he just avoided the new music teacher and left when the janitor told him too. However, when the urge struck, as it had today, he went to the music room during his free period when he knew students would be in class.

Music was Halo’s reprieve from everything, even his best friends. It was a way for him to truly feel himself. Sure, it was an excuse that people used, but it was true. Music was a universal language; even if one couldn’t understand the language there was always a song that would touch a person’s heart. Halo liked the idea and wanted to touch someone’s heart someday with his voice. He just had to get over his fear of singing in front of people.

Lily was helping him, as she would force him to karaoke bars. She knew how to play his buttons, making him feel horrible for not singing for her. He never participated during the nights that held friendly competitions. He never felt confident enough with his voice; even though he had already had, talent scouts ask to sign him. He wanted to finish high school in case his music career never took off, was always his excuse. A lame one, as Lily had always told him.

Halo rounded the corner to enter the school again. The doors opened as the janitor walked out, and Halo nodded in greeting as he slipped through the door. The air conditioner hit him a second later causing him to shiver. It was fine out, a little chilly out, but there was no need for an air conditioner but then, Halo found anything from 60 - 110 degrees to be comfortable. Anything below was a comfortable chill even with snow.

Halo smiled as one of Beethoven’s songs began to play instead of Ke$ha. The transition was weird, but soothing all the same. He walked towards the music room, not surprised to find it unlocked, and opened the door. It took a moment to realize someone else was in the room and the single sketch book he always carried fell to the floor. Why was someone else in the music room and how was he supposed to respond now?

“Uh, I’m sorry I didn’t realize someone else would be ... I’m sorry?”
Halo reached up to fiddle with his headphones, tugging one off his ear so he could hear what the other had to say.
Back to top Go down
http://rwaithilspringhaven.blogspot.com
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:22 am

Stolen Moments Harmon10

Out of reflex, Harmony started moving his lips, trying to reassure and apologize at the same time, but like all of the times before, nothing but air came out. When he realized this, he frowned in frustration and began rummaging through his pockets for a piece of paper or pen. He found the pen, but no paper since he usually wrote on Gloomy instead of bothering with paper. He looked around for a sheet of paper to use, then shrugged when he couldn't find one and wrote along his left arm.

"It is okay. The music room is free during this period."

He took a few steps towards the other boy and held out his arm for him to read.
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo watched, as the other seemed to talk except no sound came out. Confused, Halo pushed at his earphone again to make sure that he had taken it off. Halo watched as the other rummaged around, finally pulling out a pen and … no paper? Halo went to hand out his sketchpad to the other, when he realized he still hadn’t picked the thing up from the floor.

Halo reached down and dusted the paper off, starting to hand it to the male when an arm was put near him.

It is okay. The music room is free during this period.

The guy must be mute, Halo thought as he smiled.
“True, but I still interrupted you.”

Now he had run out of things to say. He still wanted to sing, but there was someone in the room, who could play the piano. The idea had him smiling again.
“Would you mind playing for me? I’ll sing if you play and then we can share the music room.”
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Stolen Moments Harmon10

Harmony froze again, staring at the other kid suspiciously. The only time he was asked to play by someone other than Gloomy or a teacher was to be made fun of. The boy in front of him looked earnest enough though, and slowly, he nodded. Taking the few steps back to the piano, he sat back down with his back towards the keys so he could still face the kid. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him, and he wrote on the other side of his left arm.

"Can I call you 'Angel'? Your hair reminds me of angel wings."
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo frowned at the question until he remembered he had tied his hair up that day. His hand unconsciously went to fiddle with the golden locks. Would he mind be called Angel? He chuckled at the irony of the nicknames he was receiving.
“My nickname, that my grandmother gave me, is Halo and I find it ironic that you would give me the nickname Angel. Mayhap I should dress as an angel for Halloween.”

Halo smiled, passing his sketch pad over to the male.
“You can use this to write on if you run out of room on your arm. You can write on the drawings as well, they're horrible. What’s your name? I’m going to give you a nickname!”

He sat on the floor in front of the male, his chin in his hand, as he looked the male over. Blonde hair slightly lighter than his own, instead of cinnamon brown there was dark ocean blue, and skin paler than his own. He was mute, but that didn’t matter. Halo himself didn’t talk often when around people that he didn’t know well and even with people he knew, he was still quiet.

“Do you care if I call you Mira? It means mirror in Japanese.” He didn’t know why the word popped into his head.

Last edited by Irrui on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Stolen Moments Harmon10

He grinned and clapped a few times, happy that he had come close to Angel's original nickname. The fact that Angel already used a nickname also made him happy. Most kids their age didn't bother with nicknames, or they never stuck by the given nickname. Of course, he hadn't known that until Gloomy had explained it to him. Distantly, he wondered what Gloomy would think of him talking with Angel.

Taking the notebook with a nod of thanks, he brought his feet up underneath of him to sit cross-legged on the narrow piano bench. Before he could answer the other, the other announced he was giving Harmony a new name, so he simply sat back. Gradually, he began to fidget as Angel stared at him. He was unused to such scrutiny, especially from a stranger. For a few brief seconds, his blue eyes met brown orbs, and he noticed that they were a delicate shade of cinnamon. The absurd thought of an angel of cinnamon popped into his head, and he bit back a grin. Already, the strands of a new song that centered around a cinnamon angel were playing through his head. It was childish and stupid. He loved it so far.

His head tilted to the side slightly as he considered the name. Deciding to voice his thoughts for once, he scribbled across the top of the notebook.

"It sort of sounds like a girl's name. My friend is always calling me a girl though, so I guess it fits...Why mirror? Talk while I play."

He handed the notebook to Angel and spun around to face the piano. His fingers began playing out the melody in his head. It was simple and had a nursery rhyme feel to it., Within seconds, he knew he would have to get Gloomy to help him put lyrics to it. Maybe in a few weeks, if he and Angel were friends, he would be able to give the other a song. He didn't let the hope grow too much though, having felt disappointment in that area too many times already.
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo laughed as he pushed himself off the ground as he took the notepad. He went and pulled a chair up beside the piano bench. He sat on the chair with the back to his front.
“I’ve found, with all my 2 months of being in Japanese class, that their names sound similar when it comes to gender. Anyway, I think we look similar and it kind of feels like looking in a mirror when I look at you, especially when I have my blue contacts in.”

Halo paused, resting his head on his arms as they laid draped over the back of the chair. He watched as the pale fingers moved across the black and white keys. The music was beautiful, holding an almost childish feel to it.
“Though you don’t really look like a girl to me. I mean you have slightly more feminine features than most men but not enough to be mistaken as a girl.”

His eyes slid closed as he began to hum along, the words yet to form but the melody coming easily. He didn’t know if Mira minded other’s singing to his piano playing, but Halo had come to sing. He would end up singing eventually before the period was over, but he was happy and content for now.

He had also promised the slightly shorter male that he would sing for him. Humming would suffice for now as a substitute. His imagination soon kicked in, taking him to a castle made of candy. He watched as things danced around, following the music. He forgot about his eating disorder, forgot he was in school, forgot everything except the music.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Stolen Moments Harmon10

Harmony made a small "O" with his mouth to show he understood. It was times like these that he longed for the ability to speak. Then, he wouldn't have to even contemplate pausing in his playing to response to others. Like Gloomy, Angel didn't seem to mind that he couldn't talk, and that instantly made Harmony like him. It was a silly, immature thought process, but he couldn't find any reason to truly care. This was something Gloomy was constantly warning him again, saying that it would one day get him hurt. Harmony always brushed him off, saying that Gloomy would forever be there to act as his voice of reason.

Hearing Angel humming, he slowly transitioned into something that had lyrics. Ironically, the song was called "Piano Song" with the alternate title "Hold On." It was something he had learned to play in an effort to cheer up Gloomy. The piece flowed smoothly into a song that he had been teased about for listening too. Vanessa Carlton's song, "A Thousand Miles" played fluidly despite the fast pace at certain parts.
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:31 am

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo opened his eyes, as the song switched to one Lily loved. She always had the thing on repeat. He began to sing softly, hesitant, before growing stronger as he gained confidence. It was nice to be able to sing something with an instrumental accompaniment. Sure, singing acapella was a good way hone his vocal cord, but it was always nice to have something different. He also liked his voice better for the song than the original singer, whose voice was rather high and annoying sounding. His was a bass and clear. He didn’t see the point in singing if no one could hear the words.

The song switched to a familiar piece, even if he couldn’t place the name at the moment, his brain began to sing the lyrics for him. His voice went rather high for one who had a naturally deep voice, but he had trained himself to be able to sing tenor or bass. Three octaves he had mastered and he had some of an Alto’s mastered. The only hobby he had ever put so much effort into and while he couldn’t sing quite as high as the original singer, he was able to shift so his voice was a beautiful harmony.

Halo smiled, surprised someone could play the piece, considering the fast pace. He had known there were people, but at their school, it was odd to find someone. Halo pulled his headphones off, the things messing up his ability to hear if he was on key or not.
    Halo’s voice grew quiet as the song ended. He looked around, finding the water fountain in the room. He quickly grabbed a drink before coming to sit down beside the other again. “You’re amazing. Did you teach yourself? I can play the guitar as well as piano, but I’m not as good as you.”
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:05 am

Stolen Moments Harmon10

Blushing at the praise, he nodded. He had been afraid to play in front of someone other than his best friend, but the praise from Angel reassured him that it was okay. Needing to have something to do with his hands to fight back the nervousness, he began tapping out the melody for "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with one hand and grabbed the notebook with the other hand. On it, he scrawled:

"What about you? How did you learn to sing so well?
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo tilted his head to read the script written and smiled shyly. “I just started singing. Usually I sing acapella, so I could make sure I’m on key. Recently my friend, Lily, has started dragging me to karaoke bars. It’s helped with my stage fright, but I’m still more comfortable singing without an audience. Hey, what grade are you in? I’m a junior.”
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Stolen Moments Harmon10

"You have a beautiful voice," he wrote, smiling as the other read it. "I'm a sophomore...Does high school get any better than middle school?" He looked away when he passed the notebook back, slightly ashamed that he was admitting to being afraid of bullies at his age.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo frowned at the note, unsure how to answer. It was different from middle school, but sometimes it wasn't always good. "Yes, people gain a certain maturity during the years. However, there may be people who will still pick on you for anything.”

Halo paused, knowing people didn’t pick on him because Barry was his friend, which was probably the only reason he was left alone. A slow and determined look crossed over his face as he looked directly into Mira’s eyes. “I may have friends who keep me from being bullied, but I still know what it feels like and I want you to know I’m here for you.”

Halo reached for the paper, quickly writing his schedule down. He knew this was probably stupid and the other wouldn’t take the offer, but damn it, he was tired of being useless against bullying. “If you ever feel you need a friend and you can’t reach your other friend first, come get me. I’ll protect you.”

Halo smiled, wondering if the other had friends and knew that he had at least one, otherwise the other would have been more weary of him should it be different. He started laughing awkwardly. “Well, if this isn’t weird than I don’t know what is. I mean, we just met and I suddenly spring this on you. You must think I’m a kind of pervert.”
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Stolen Moments Harmon10

He held back a sigh at Angel's words, expecting that answer but not happy with it either way. Bullies were a part of school that never went away, a steady constant in the two decades of life. The schools and the bullies themselves might change, but the act of bullying had always and would continue to be there.

Harmony's face turned bright red at the other's words. No one had ever done this for him before, and he was unsure on how to act. Did he thank the other? Did he extend the same offer? Or did he get offended that Angel didn't seem to think he could take care of himself? It was confusing, and he started scribbling on the back of his hand out of habit.

"Uh, thank you! I'm not sure what to do now...Also, Gloomy can't really help me against the bullies. He just gets bullied and beat up alongside me."

He held out his hand for Angel to read, feeling comfortable enough around him to let him touch him. The words were bunched together and written small so they would all fit, though some of it spilled over onto his palm. Pulling his hand back, he grabbed Angel's wrist and started to write on his arm, a bad habit he picked up from constantly writing on Gloomy.

"It isn't that creepy...Maybe a little, but I don't mind. I usually don't have anyone to talk to, so this is nice."

Realizing what he had done after he got done writing, he quickly added, "Sorry for writing on you.
Back to top Go down
Irrui

Irrui

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Stolen Moments Halo12

Halo watched as the other contemplated on how to react. A small smile escaped with the happy feeling he had confused the other. It quickly disappeared as the awkwardness rose. He watched as the other wrote on his skin, again, and waited patiently for the other to finish.

Halo didn’t touch the other, unsure if Mira would appreciate being touched. He squinted as the words seemed to bunch together, but he managed to reach the end. Mira had a friend named Gloomy? Halo wondered if it was another nickname and if the person actually went by the nickname at school. He chuckled again, wondering if he would ever run into Gloomy and never know.

Halo felt fingers around his wrist and tensed for a second. He was used to being manhandled by Lily, but his father always grabbed his wrists first to see how much weight he had on his skeleton. The pen moving against his skin tickled and he did his best to remain still until the other was finished with him.

“It’s fine, my friend Lily uses me as paper all the time when she can’t find any or I’m supposed to remember something.” Halo said before pulling his sleeves up to show the random little notes informing him they were going to another karaoke bar that night. “I usually don’t have anyone to listen to me. I’m always the quiet one out of my group of friends. You know what you should do. You should wear a mask over your mouth with a design on it. It’d look cool on … I have one.”

Halo reached into his gigantic hoodie, the pockets carrying everything except books. He pulled out a black mask. “It’s the one I brought with me today. They’re used for when people are sick and don’t want to spread germs. Wear it when you’re sad and I’ll cheer you up if I see you in the halls. I’ll wear one too, so you know. I feel like I’m rushing things. This is really my first time making a friend without either Barry or Lily with me and they do most of the talking.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stolen Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen Moments   Stolen Moments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stolen Moments
Page 1 of 1