Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire and Ice (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Credits : 571

Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "I get that," Kyden answered with a nod. It must have been a pain to be literally limited in almost every way because of his mother. Hearing the question, Kyden's cheeks flared slightly and his dark eyes flicked over to the two girls again, only to return to Seth. Trying to keep a neutral expression, he explained, "I had a boyfriend that was into some bad things and he used to like sticking needles in my arms. Dad added two and two and decided that I was lying. I suppose that in a family where appearances are everything, the way I dress and act doesn't help. Plus I have insomnia and almost always have bags under my eyes."

Shrugging, Kyden started laughing despite himself. His father was a freaking idiot. Almost all kids dressed, acted, and looked like Kyden, but since Kyle was a good kid and hadn't once looked like that, Kyden was instantly addicted to meth.

"Trust me, it is a stereotype and nothing more as far as I have seen, though I'll admit most of my boyfriends were more bi than gay," Kyden answered with a laugh. Shrugging, he poked Seth and assured him, "You don't even compare to the ignorant assholes I've met."

Picking at his food, Kyden nodded at Seth's reply, not really surprised by it, though he would be lying to say it wasn't disappointing. "Care to introduce me to some of these sweet guys?" Kyden asked in a joking tone as he tilted his head towards Seth, almost lying it on the other's shoulder before he caught what he was doing and sat up, focusing on eating, only to stop and laugh at the two little girls. They were adorable and distracted him from his plate.

"Father, Mother, and older brother," Kyden answered with a shrug. "I also have both my grandfathers and one of my grandmothers is still living. I have a few aunts, uncles, and cousins, but my parents aren't really fond of any of their siblings, so really, it's just my parents and brother." Talking about his family was obviously not comfortable for Kyden. His eyes continually moved, nervously flicking around, and he shifted towards the corner.

Remembering to eat, he shrugged the unhappy feeling off and started picking at his plate again. For a moment, he contemplated his question and then asked, "What about your d.a.d.? I've only heard about your mother. Is he just not around?" Kyden glanced at Elysia when he spelled the word out, aware that the girls were in the own world and would probably figure the word out anyway. Kyden just felt guilty about asking. Shaking his head before Seth could answer, he told him quickly, "If that is too personal, don't answer. Sorry." His smile was obviously tentative.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Credits : 163
Location : In a tree, throwing bullets at people with a gun :D

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 pm

"The needle thing sounds weird," Seth grimaced, though he understood how Kyden's dad came to the conclusion he had. "Boo on insomnia. I had it for a year or so and it was hell. Mine was only temporary, unlike a lot of others, so you have my utmost sympathy." He made another face at the memory.

He laughed and poked Kyden back, "Glad that I'm not that huge of an ass." His head tilted and touched Kyden's briefly. When the other started talking about his family, Seth hummed in understanding. In an effort to ease Kyden, he moved away a little and acted like he wasn't too interested, though it wasn't really an act. He wouldn't judge Kyden for his family because he wouldn't want Kyden to judge him on his family.

He froze for a split second, glancing at Elysia. "He's dead. He died in a war, I don't know which one, when I was six," he explained, leaning back and stretching his arms above his head. "I don't remember him much. All I know is that my mother got hooked on drugs again after he died and started sleeping around." A lazy grin spread across his face, hoping to reassure Kyden that the question was fine.

"Seth, can we have pie?" Elysia asked randomly. Angela smiled sweetly from beside her friend to add effect.

"You have to ask Kyden since he is the one treating us," Seth said, looking back over at his friend.

There was a long pause as he though of a question for the other. "What do your parents do for a living?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden shrugged with a smile. "He was a mental case, but I was too scared to stop him or break up with him, even, until he was over me," Kyden admitted with a soft laugh. There was more to the situation than he was saying, but he didn't particularly feel like throwing himself a pity party, even in his own mind. "Ugh, mine comes and goes. I'm sympathetic that you had it for a year."

The act fooled Kyden and he wasn't sure if he was soothed or upset. Was Seth distancing himself because he didn't have a tight-knit family? However, he quickly pushed it out of his mind and focused on Seth's reply. Sympathy flared in his eyes despite himself. Though he couldn't understand the lost, he still felt bad for his friend. Kyden sighed softly and shook his head. "You're insanely strong to be able to speak of it." For some reason, he didn't buy that Seth was indifferent about it as he projected.

Tilting his head, he looked at Elysia and Angela. Pretending to think about it, he waited until he saw the waitress and signaled for her to come over. Smiling at the girls, he asked them, "What type of pie do you want and do you want ice cream with that?" Once the girls had answered, he made certain that the waitress had heard. In an undertone, he told Seth, "I feel spoiled being allowed to treat them." His dark eyes were oddly bright as he watched the girls again.

Looking at Seth, his smile switched slightly, more fond. Kyden was as flighty as he was high strung. His affection for Seth was deep rooted because of the salvation earlier. Now in the day they had spent together, it had only been reinforced. Whether he realized it or not, he was all but in love with Seth already.

"My father works in stocks. My mother works at a bank. Details on either...I don't know," Kyden answered with a shrug. Almost instantly, he asked, "Where do you work?"
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

"Lemon and yes please!" both girls said at the same time, beaming widely at Kyden and then at the waitress.

Seth laughed quietly and said back, "Don't worry. I spoil them all the time, so you aren't doing any damage." It was a known fact, for himself at least, that he spoiled the two girls rotten. He let them do almost anything, as long as it wasn't dangerous, and allowed himself to coddle and fawn over them constantly even though it would probably be a bad habit later one.

"Hmm, sounds like a hole load of boring to me," he commented, sticking his tongue out childishly. Suddenly remembering his forgotten drink he took a sip before answering, "I work down at the gas station a few blocks from where I live. I also work at a coffee shop somewhere in that direction," he waved his hand vaguely in the direction his thought his work was. "I love working at the coffee shop because everyone is nice...once they get their coffee, that is." A slow grin spread on his face as he said, "Most of them that come in are like "Gimme my coffee and no one gets hurt. I might consider talking to you afterwards without trying to stab you." I usually let those customers have two cups before talking to them."

Letting out a low hum as he thought, his drink went to his mouth again. "Not a very personal question, but what is your favorite drink?" There was a pause and then, "I just realized that I talk too much." Slightly embarrassed laughter left him.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Chuckling, Kyden wondered why he wasn't surprised to hear that Seth spoiled the girls. It really fit him. One day, Kyden thought with absolute certainty, Seth would make one of the best fathers in the world. It was easy to imagine the male in the perfect, white house with a green trim and a white picket fence surrounding it and on the green lawn, he would play with his precious little girl and spirited little boy and their adorable, golden retriever. Of course...in that mental image, it was a beautiful, young wife looking out the window...and the thought made the smile drop of Kyden's pale face in an instant.

Back to reality and out of his mind, Kyden nodded and smiled as he chuckled at the remark about his parents' work. It was boring. Everything about his parents was boring and bland. Acting like a fool was as good as rebellion for him. "Wow, sounds like all you do is work," Kyden remarked softly. Shaking his head, he laughed and teased, "Tell me the name of the coffee shop so I can go give you stupidly huge tips and piss off your other customers with my utter adorableness and extreme cheerfulness...crap, I'd have to wake up at like four. I don't do the 'on my feet and awake' usually."

"You talk too much?" Kyden asked incredulously. Shaking his head, he asked, "On what planet? I mean, seriously, he doesn't talk that much, does he?" Kyden asked the two girls. When they giggled and nodded, he waved his hand at them and said, "Psha, you're just meanie butts." They giggled and went back to their own conversation.

"Anyway, my favorite drink changes daily," Kyden answered with a cheeky grin. Tilting his head, he ran his fingers over the rim of his drink before saying, "Today, I think my favorite drink is peppermint tea, because I've wanted some since I woke up." His mind went to the expensive packet he had gotten for Christmas. His mother had only bought it for him because he had nagged, begged, and asked for it since July the previous year. Kyden didn't mind. The packet was as good as he had thought it would be, making it totally worth the money and time spent.

"What is your favorite feature? What attracts you to someone the most?" The question had been on his mind for a while, though he was partially convinced that he had already asked. If he had, oh well. He would just blush and laugh it off.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 am

"It does, but I enjoy it so it usually doesn't bother me or I just don't notice how much I work. I know Elysia doesn't care. She gets to stay at Angela's house whenever I'm at work," he said, sticking his tongue out in response when Elysia did the same. "The name of the shop is Morning Café, cliché I know but I didn't name the shop. It's not a big place, but not too small either, I guess, considering how many people come in." He laughed, "I'm not either. My alarm clock and I fight every morning. Think of it this way, once you get there, you get lots of good coffee to wake you up."

Seth pouted at the two girls, "You two are so mean to me. I don't know why I put up with it."

Angela beamed at him, "Because you love us."

"I do," he agreed easily, letting the two girls go back to their hushed conversation. If he wasn't feeling so trusting right now, he would be suspicious as to what they were coming up with. They were always thinking up schemes that involved pain on his part, whether it be physical or a simple headache.

"We serve tea at the coffee shop," he mentioned, making a face as he added, "I don't know why we serve tea at a coffee shop, but we do, so if you don't feel like coffee, you can always get that." He wasn't quite sure why they gave out tea, but they did and he didn't run the business, so he didn't say anything. He could see how it would draw more customers in though, with a wider variety a drinks. There was also the multitude of sweets and snacks to choose from that made he wonder why his boss didn't just call the coffee shop a bakery instead.

His head tilted slightly to the side as he thought. "Physical attractions? Hmm....Eyes and hands are what I usually notice first," he finally answered. The waitress coming back drew his attention partially away from Kyden for a few seconds, and when he turned back he asked, "What personality trait attracts you?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "Tea and coffee in one place? I think I might hate myself for not having known about that place before," Kyden remarked with a laugh. His mind drifted over coffees and teas that he had tasted. While his mother hated peppermint tea, she a huge fan of most other teas and he often broke into her tea cabinet simply to annoy her. At least, the first few times had been to annoy her. Eventually he had started sampling the tea and growing fond of it. While he rearranged the boxes and canisters, he also brweed himself a delicious cup of green or black tea. Kyden had even gone so far as to learn about how to properly prepare teas. Of course, this had been when he was younger and it had been a meek attempt at gaining favor. When it fell through on that front, it had merely become an amusement to him as he prepared tea.

"Artist hands or workers hands?" Kyden asked instantly. Laughing at himself, he apologized, "Sorry-your question." As the waitress came up, Kyden offered her a smile until she left. Geez, she was giving them too much attention. It bothered the dark haired male, mostly since he would rather be left alone while he was eating.

The question drew his attention away from the waitress whom had already walked away. Smiling, he answered, "I don't know. I seem to end up with a lot of jerks though..." Trailing off, he thought about it for a moment longer before saying seriously, "I like people with backbones, the kind that stand up for others and themselves. I am also a sucker for the bad boy type who just don't give a shit what anyone think and don't really pay attention to me but do enough sweet stuff that I stay in love with them." Shaking his head, he added, "Most of that is sarcasm and self mocking. Sorry."

"Oh!" Kyden snapped his fingers as a thought came to mind. Grinning, he looked at Seth and asked, "First crush and favorite actor? Both lame questions, so I should be able to get the answers to both!" Laughing at his own logic, he said quickly, "I am gonna go pay. I'll be right back." Once he was let up, he ruffled Angela's hair and then walked up to the counter and asked for the bill. He paid there since he didn't want Seth to see the cost or get the chance to pay, and he was paranoid that the male would try if he got the chance.

That finish, he returned to the table and sat down when Seth stood up. Sliding into the corner, he asked, "Well? Who, who, who." It was childish, but joking in nature.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 pm

"It's okay, a lot of people have never heard of the place, despite how it seems with all the customers we get," Seth said, listening to the other laugh. Before he could say anything else, Kyden was asking question without answering Seth's but apologized immediately afterwards, which drew a quiet laugh out of Seth.

He hummed, "The one that took you up to the roof that you told me about seems to fit all those categories. Why don't you try and go for the sweet guy once in awhile," he teased the other gently. "I'm sure it would be less painful."

He nodded in understanding when Kyden got up to pay, looking over at the two girls. They seemed like they were really enjoying themselves, and Seth knew he would have to find a way to make it up to Kyden for that.

At the question, black locks and green eyes flashed briefly across his mind. Ignoring it, he answered, "First crush was a girl in fourth grade. We never talked to each other and I don't even remember her name now. All I can remember is she had a lot of money and didn't talk much, which is probably why we never really met. I didn't talk much either."

"I don't really have a favorite actor because I don't pay attention to the actors' names when I watch a movie or show," he said, shrugging a little.

Glancing over at the girls, he realized they were already finished and waiting patiently, well as patiently as little girls could, for him and Kyden to finish. He grinned as he looked back at Kyden and said, "Do you mind if we talk and walk? I think the little ladies over there are getting tired of waiting. Oh, and to answer your earlier question, I like artist's hands," he added.

Once Kyden had answered, Seth got up and stretched a bit. Elysia quickly poked him in the stomach where his shirt had ridden up, making him collapse on himself with a huff. She smiled innocently at him then turned and led the way out with Angela. Seth gave into the urge to stick his tongue out at her back as he straightened. It was childish, but he decided it was okay to be childish when he wasn't working.

Holding the door open for Kyden out of habit and general politeness, he called for the two girls to wait up for them and stick close. They shouted back a response, but kept within a few feet of the boys. Rolling his eyes at them, he looked over at Kyden. "I can't say I hate them, but I can't say I love them a whole lot when they do stuff like that either," he complained.

There was a couple moments of silence and then, "I have a question!" Seth paused for a split second to make sure they were actually going in the right direction, something he should have done when they had left but didn't, then asked, "Is your hair really black? Wait, I already asked that, didn't I?" He frowned, trying to think of another question. "Do you have a crush on anyone right now?

(((OOC:/ A reply after over a month ^^" God, I fail at life. Don't hate me? I don't think Seth has asked if Kyden has a crush on anyone yet o.O))
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Kyden
    "Walk and talk works well for me," Kyden replied breezily as he stood up. Waving good bye to the dinner staff, he followed the others out. He flashed Seth a cute smile when the other held the door for him but didn't say anything. Watching the girls run ahead, he remarked, "They are cute, so of course you can't hate them."

Content to walk in silence, Kyden stretched as he walked. The dark haired male felt completely relaxed. His mind felt like it was laden down with food, making everything harder to process. It was a nice feeling, all in all. It wasn't often that he actually had a relaxed meal. Most of the time, when he hate, it was at the dinning room table that was too big for just him or too crowded because of his family being with him. Eating out with a new friend (or three new friends if the girls counted) was the perfect relaxing atmosphere for a good eat.

"I don't know if you did. In case you didn't: yes, my hair is naturally this dark," Kyden replied slowly so that he could stall answering the next question. Did he really want to answer that one honestly? Telling his new friend that 'yes, I am infatuated with you because I am flighty and easily impressed' would probably throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Shrugging, he replied honestly, "I'll have to wait and see. I met a guy recently that I think I might like eventually." His black eyes roamed the streak before he asked thoughtfully, "What do you look for in friends? Loyalty, honesty, or just somebody interesting?" Turning to look at Seth, he added curiously, "and in potential significant others! Do they have to be able to make you laugh-" pausing he made a silly face "-or help you in math-" he winked exaggeratedly "-or just be patient with your failings...god, that is what I need," he remarked softly, thoughtfully, before laughing and watching Seth eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice (Private)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3