Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire and Ice (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

Credits : 163
Location : In a tree, throwing bullets at people with a gun :D

Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 am

He sighed in exaggerated relief, "Good that you at least have music on your MP3. I don't know how anyone can live without any music in their life." He really couldn't. When he was younger, his mother use to play light music throughout the house, and now he did the same thing for Elysia. A laugh left him at the poke, "Trust me, it's not that hard to make me look stupid."

"Yeah, I'm probably be a really butch girl that nobody wanted to be with," he found the thought of being a female weird because he couldn't see himself with boobs. Voicing those thoughts, he listened to what Kyden was saying.

"They don't, but that's human nature. It's easier to focus on the bad than on the good most the time...It's not that noble," he mumbled, feeling his cheeks heat up slightly. It was just the way he thought, and getting praise was weird.

He grinned and nodded, "Of course!....You wouldn't seriously look up and drown, would you?" The thought made him panic slightly. That wasn't humanly possible....was it? When Kyden answered the last question, Seth jumped up. "Yay! Let's go pick her up! It's not like we are actually in class anyways and sitting here for hours does get uncomfortable. I'm bringing a cushion next time I feel like sitting up here this long," he spun in a quick circle, suddenly hyper at the thought of seeing his little sister earlier than normal.

Still beaming, he looked down at Kyden, "Nope, I'm single right now. I don't exactly have time to date anyone proper since the only place I have time to go to it school most the time. If I'm going to be with someone, I want to be an actual boyfriend, instead of someone who shows up every now and then." His smile lessened a bit and he stuck out his tongue again, "Bet you I can get out the school before you!"

He had no clue why he made the bet, because he seriously doubted he could. Though he probably had a better chance than Kyden of the teachers letting him go if he got caught. This was if Kyden even accepted the bet. "Wait, we need something to bet for it to be a real bet....or we could be lazy and leave like normal people," he said, randomly thinking of ways to get out of the school building.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Credits : 571

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "Same," Kyden remarked, agreeing completely with Seth about music. It was truly life. Smiling slightly, he shook his head and answered, "I doubt that, but we'll have to wait and see." Laughing as he attempted to imagine the other with boobs, Kyden had to admit that it was hard to disagree. Still, he shook his head and assured Seth, "Even if you were a girl, there is somebody for everybody."

Again, the dark haired male shook his head, preparing to disagree with Seth about whether it was noble or not, but then he caught the blush on the blond's face. A smalls mile curved his lips and he just hummed. He didn't want to embarrass his new friend, but he couldn't deny that his inner girl squealed at how cute Seth looked when he was blushing.

A laugh burst from him and he bowed his head. Shaking, he answered, "No...I don't think I would...Hopefully." Before he could contemplate how likely it was for him to drown such a way, the other male jumped to his feet. Kyden was slightly slower to follow to his. Stretching in a feline manner, he made a soft, content sound as his eyes grew lidded and the joints in his body crackled with release. Smiling, he nodded and answered, "I tell myself that every time and forget about it every time." The way the other male grew more excited made Kyden start to grin. Seth was insanely adorable. It made him want to latch onto his friend and hug him.

As soon as he heard the answer, a brilliant smile lit Kyden's face, even though he tried to hide it. His eyes danced with eagerness and his heart actually sped up for a split second. Then he reeled himself in and settled on a mental happy dance. As Seth continued to speak, Kyden practically swooned out how sweet Seth was. However, he was soon distracted with the offer of a bet.

"But being lazy isn't fun," Kyden answered in a pretentious whiny tone. Laughing, he told the other male, "We could bet a kiss." Instantly, he raised his hands in a 'joking' gesture and added, "Not serious. Uhm...I bet you one secret that I can get out first." Smirking, he elaborated, "Loser has to tell the other something that he normally wouldn't tell anyone."

Glancing over the side of the school building, he judged the fall to be about twenty feet, maybe more, but he knew that there was a place along the back where there was a mound of dirt. Rather than going back down the stairs, he could very easily leap off there and meet Seth at the doors. Though if he let Seth wonder through the school, there was a chance that the other would get caught. Of course, he could also go down the stairs and out the west wing's bathroom window. It was closest to the park and easiest to escape through. As he went through the escape routes, he waited to see if Seth would accept the bet or not.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am

"That's works for me," Seth agreed, glancing around then back at Kyden. "See you at the doors!" He called then started towards the door. Without bothering to look where Kyden was going, he swung down and started back the way he had come. He wasn't too pressed about getting there first. While he didn't go around telling everyone his secrets, it wasn't like he had any horrible ones pent up that would scare Kyden away. Unless Kyden wouldn't want to be his friend because of his mother.

He hesitated for a second, barely making it passed the girls from before who apparently wear skipping like him and Kyden, then continued on. His mind wandered in circles as he thought of a secret to tell Kyden. He could tell him about Elysia only being his half sister. Everyone else thought that bothered to try to get to know Seth thought that his father had come back, had a one night stand with his mother, then left again. Of course, it made his mother look even more desperate than she really was, but Seth didn't get shit for his sister not being fully related to him at least.

Turning around a corner and spying the doors up ahead and the way clear of any teachers or snitches, he let a frown cross his face. The kids here were morons. Although he had never switched schools, no one even knew that his father had died in a war. Seth could barely remember him, yet every one seemed to assume that his father had left him and his mother. It upset him to an extent that they would simply guess about something like that.

By the time he had come to the place they agreed on, he still hadn't thought of anything to tell Kyden and decided to just tell whatever he was asked. Looking around for Kyden, he spotted him and sighed. "Looks like I lost," he called, walking over while fixing his jacket.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "See ya," Kyden answered in a sing song tone. For a moment, he lingered by the hatch and then he reached down to close it. Walking briskly, he headed over the roof. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he mused what those below must think or if they could even hear him. Since he spent so much time up here, wondering around the roof and doing small, stupid things to amuse himself, he doubted that anyone could. After all, the school would have done something about him being up there by now if they were bothered by him. Though, thinking about it, he wondered if any of the teachers or staff actually knew that he was up here and just didn't care enough to get him down and throw him out.

As his mind turned to what secret to share, Kyden wondered if he had one that was really worth sharing. Who would really care that he had been an accident and had grown up knowing that? A frown tilted his lips as he considered telling Seth about how he had found the place. Of course, that might make the other male uncomfortable being up there. After all, who would actually want to hang out somewhere that their friend used to hang out with his...

Pausing midstep, Kyden's dark eyes were confused as he wondered about what word to use. Daniel hadn't been his boy friend, but they had never been intimate enough to be lovers either. Shrugging, he told himself once again that he honestly didn't care.

Reaching the part of the roof he had been heading for, Kyden glanced around, making certain that no one was there. Then, he stepped forward, bracing himself for the impact and rolling forward. Dirt got into his hair and clung to the back of his oversized hoodie, but he didn't particularly care. Pulling off his hooded sweat shirt, he shook it out and then ran his fingers through his hair to clean it. Tidied up enough, he headed to the arranged meeting spot. For a while, he waited there alone. It wasn't that long, but long enough to make Kyden worry that Seth had been caught or, worse, had decided not to come. When he did spot Seth, he raised his hand in greeting and the relief was apparent in his eyes.

"I told you I'd win," Kyden answered in a joking tone as he adjusted his hoodie again. A smile played at his pale features and his eyes danced with amusement as he watched Seth approach. Tilting his head, he asked, "Which way to pick up your sister?" Since he didn't want to be a bother, he wouldn't press Seth about the secret...At least, he wouldn't for the moment. If Seth chose to share, he would be exuberant.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:21 am

Seth glanced around then pointed down the street, "That way." He started walking, almost knowing the route by heart. He walked in the summer time when it was nice out, so the way to the other school was familiar to him. After a few seconds of silence, he looked over at Kyden. "Not going to ask for the secret that I have to give?" He asked, a teasing hint in his voice.

He put his hands in the pockets of his jacket and said, "Do you want me to just tell you whatever I can think of, or do you have a specific question you'd like to ask me?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:32 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Following after Seth, Kyden's gaze flicked between the blond's face and the path before them. He hadn't been this way in a long time. There had been no real point in him heading to the lower schools, since he had neither friends nor family in the younger grades. Yet, as he walked in that direction with Seth, he felt oddly like hearted and reminiscent. The best time he had ever had in school had to be his kindergarten year. It was his second year in public school and he had been close friends with another boy at the time.

Hearing the teasing question, Kyden glanced over, his red bangs falling over his dark eyes. Smiling, he answered, "You can tell me whatever you want. I can't think of a specific questions." Smirking slightly, he added, "But if you give me some time, I'm sure I could think of something..." For a moment he trailed off and then he tacted on, "But by some time, I mean about half a million years."

A car drove past and Kyden tensed, half expecting it to be his father or someone else that could make his life hell, but the vehicle didn't slow. Feeling oddly relieved, he tilted his head back to look up at the sky as he hummed, "It's so nice to be out of there."
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

Seth hummed, trying to think of something that no one else knew. "Well, there really isn't anything. Most people know that my mom is a whore on drugs, so that's out. Um...Telling you Elysia is my half sister isn't that shocking of a secret," he glanced out the corner of his eye in time to see Kyden tense. He watched the car go by, then looked back at Kyden, who was relaxed now.

"Someone looking for you?" He asked, sidestepping widely around a group of people. "Wait, you are suppose to be questioning me, not the other way around." A drunk woman stumbled at them, Seth making sure she didn't grab him or Kyden. He had thought that they would stop letting drunks and such near the elementary school, but it didn't look like it. He would have to be more careful when dropping and picking Elysia up.

Turning a corner, he pointed towards the school, "We have almost reached our destination!" Unconsciously, he started to walk a little faster. After a few feet, he spun so he was walking backwards and facing Kyden. "I know a secret I can tell you, but it's still not that exciting. Most people seem to think I've already had multiple girlfriends because of what my mother is. Truth is, I haven't even had my first kiss yet," he laughed, spinning back around as the situation suddenly felt familiar.

"Didn't you just say not to walk backwards when talking a few hours ago?," he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Even though he hadn't really been aware of Seth's existence until earlier that day, Kyden felt rather unsurprised by all of the information he was told. He felt indignant for his friend's sake, but not surprised. It was almost like he already knew it and was just realizing it again. The thought was a perplexing one and if he had had a moment to think, he would have confused himself trying to figure out where the feelings were spawned from.

However, his mind was on other things as he shrugged and answered, "No on is looking for me persay." Smiling at the remark, he answered, "You're right I am." Before he could come up witth a question, he spotted a drunken woman. It was almost frightening to see such a thing so near the school, especially at such an early hour. It made his colorless eyes narrow with annoyance, but then he was distracted by Seth's eager exclamation about nearing their destination. Grinning, he sped his steps to keep up, nearly recoiling when Seth spun to face him. The secret the other shared made his eyes widen in surprise. The fact that Seth hadn't even had his first kiss was a shock. He was too handsome to be so totally untouched.

Grinning, Kyden darted ahead and spun to walk backwards. Laughing, he told the other, "Face forward! I don't want your sister to hate me because I'll have to be the one to tell her that her older brother cracked his head open and almost bled out!" It was dramatic, but it gave Kyden an excuse not to comment on Seth's secret. His mind still needed time to process it.

In an off hand tone, he asked, "Has there every been anyone special? Like, someone that you wanted to be your first kiss, but in the end things just didn't work out the way you wanted them to?" Glancing over his shoulder towards the school, Kyden wondered if the students would be getting out soon or not. Just as he had the thought, he lost his balance, his feet getting tangled, and fell over backwards.

HA! Shouldn't mock people for falling, fathead.
Kyden: I hate you.
XD I know
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Seth chuckled at the thought of him bleeding out, which should have made him worry slightly but it didn't. Instead, he thought about Kyden's question. He had had multiple crushes, but nothing major. There wasn't anyone special either, simply because he never had the time to think about that sort of things. He went to to tell Kyden this, only to see said male fall backwards, almost an exact replay of Seth when he had fallen in the bathroom.

Jumping forward, he crouched beside Kyden, "You okay? Didn't I say this morning not to walk backwards and talk?" His tone was slightly scolding but more joking. He couldn't help the scolding tone. It was something that came naturally to him after years of caring for a little girl who thought she could do everything herself.

His eyes rolled on their own accord as he gently pulled Kyden into a sitting position and ran his hand along the back of the other's head, checking to see if he was bleeding. "Be more careful, dummy," he said, barely registering that he shouldn't be insulting Kyden already, though it held too much affection to be a real insult.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "I don't have bad balance! You jinxed me!" Kyden whined instantly, laughter bubbling from him as his dark eyes danced with amusement and his pale cheeks flushed brilliantly with embarrassment. The tone the other used on him made Kyden feel like he was four years old again and it only served to darken his blush farther. He was never going to let himself live this one down. Not only had he tripping in front of the guy that had saved him, the guy was coddling him like a child.

Yet, Kyden didn't resist or move away as the other pulled him up and rubbed the back of his head. Chuckling weakly, he complained, "I usually don't fall. The sidewalk has it out for me." [[*out of character/story line* Sidewalk: Muwhahahaha!]] Shaking his head, he didn't notice the affectionate insult. Even though he was usually high strung enough to snap over even an idle comment like that, he merely laughed weakly at himself and tried to make the blush go away.

Covering his mouth and trying make himself laugh so that he wouldn't focus on his embarrassment, he turned his gaze away from the blue orbs. Kyden had never felt this sort of embarrassment. It wasn't shame, so much as a fluffy awkwardness. For someone that was used to feeling humiliation when his cheeks lit up, the change was a relief.

"C-can we pretend that didn't just happen and continue the conversation?" Kyden asked as his tone and eyes steadily became more amused. Standing up, he offered his hand so that Seth could stand up again. Shifting from one foot to the next with eagerness to move on, he asked, "Shall we keep walking? We've almost reached our goal." Sticking out his tongue childishly, he waited for Seth's reply and then began walking.

[[Crappy post is crappy. Sorry.]]
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 pm

"Maybe I'm just bad luck," Seth joked, trying to keep from laughing at Kyden's embarrassment. He nodded in agreement to the other's request, accepting the help up. He didn't answer but stuck his tongue back out at Kyden, then followed after him when he started to walk. The silence was comfortable, at least for Seth it was.

A grin spread across his face when he saw that the kids were out for recess, laughter and high pitched shrieks reaching him. As they got closer, a girl with red hair spied him and let out a shout. The blonde next to her turned and then both of them bolted towards the two guys. Seth grinned and knelt down, already knowing if he stood he would be knocked down. Both little girls slammed into him, succeeding in knocking him off his heels and onto his butt.

"Seth!" The red head squealed, sitting on his chest. "Elysia wants to know if I can stay over tonight. Can I? I'll be good!"

Sitting up with a little difficulty, he laughed and nodded. "Yeah, I don't care. As long as your parents say it's okay. Make sure you ask your parents first, Angela." He grinned wider when Angela and Elysia squealed again and hugged him with "thank you"s and "I promise"s mixed in.

Angela looked over and saw Kyden, her smile weakening slightly because she was unsure of the stranger. Managing to get to his feet without hurting the two girls, Seth pointed towards Kyden. "This is Kyden. He's my new friend. Play nice with him," he added the last bit quickly, seeing Angela and Elysia about to launch themselves at Kyden. He didn't want Kyden to fall again right after he had just gotten up.

"I'm Angela and this is Elysia," Angela announced to Kyden, apparently deciding that if Kyden was a friend of Seth's then he could be trusted with their names.

A tug on his hand made him look down to see Elysia peering up at him. "Are you taking me home early? Can Angela come to? We promise to be quiet and not wake up mommy," she clasped her hands under her chin in a pleading way.

Groaning, he looked away before he caved. "Elysia, you know I can't sign Angela out of school early. The teachers had to pull enough strings for me to be able to get you out of school early," he explained, hesitating when both little girls' eyes filled with tears. He looked at Kyden, wondering if the other could help him. Elysia sniffed and clung to her best friend, who looked up at Seth with huge, watery eyes.

He let his head fall forward as he mumbled, "Fine, I'll call your parents, Angela, and see if I can get you out early too." Miraculously, all of the tears disappeared with those words and the girls hugged his legs before running back to the playground to tell the teachers.

"I'm a sucker for tears," he muttered, looking at Kyden with a look he knew was pathetic and then motioned for them to go inside the school building. Once inside, he went to the office, waving occasionally to the teachers that knew him by name. He grabbed the paper to sign Elysia out early and signed it, handed it to the secretary, and asked to borrow the phone. After getting the okay from Angela's parents, he told the secretary and then signed the red head out also.

Outside of the office, he leaned against the wall while waiting for the two girls to get their homework and bookbags. "Sorry about dragging you everywhere," Seth apologized to Kyden. "You can leave anytime you want, you know."

Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 Elysia10

Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 Angela10
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden followed after Seth, slowly when he heard someone shout the blonde's name. When he spotted the redhead, he was confused, until he saw the little blond girl following closely behind. The redhead was obviously Elysia's friend. A small smile tugged at his lips as he watched the two girls tackle Seth off his feet. The urge to 'aw' struck him, as well as the simplistic envy of both the sister and the brother. He give anything to have a little sibling and even more to have a caring older brother.

When attention was drawn to him, Kyden smiled weakly at the two girls and waved. They were so...high energy. He doubted that he would be able to handle them on his own, so he was glad that Seth would be there to save him from the girls. After his introduction from Seth and Angela gave their names, he waved at the two and smiled again. "It is nice to meet both of you. I hope we can be friends." His tone was slightly teasing, though obviously uncertain. Kyden had never been around younger children and he was not certain of how to act, whether he should treat them in a coddling manner or as equals.

Watching Elysia manipulate her older brother, the smile on Kyden's face grew and his dark eyes danced with amusement. Oh, if he got the chance, he would most certain be using this against his new friend. It was just too adorable not to. As the two girls left, Kyden went to mock Seth, only to bite his tongue at how pathetic the other male looked. Laughing, he followed after and teased goodnaturedly, "It is just too cute."

His eyes never stopped moving as they walked through the vaguely familiar halls. Though he knew he had been there before, he also knew that without Seth guiding him, he would have been lost within moments. It was a small wonder that the younger students weren't confused by the complex hallways....Of course, Kyden viewed the halls in most schools as confusing.

"Why would I leave? I asked to hang out," Kyden answered with a grin. Tilting his head to the side, he added in a joking tone, "To make up for it though, you could let me treat you and the girls to lunch. I'm starving."
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Seth shrugged, "Just giving you once last chance to escape the oncoming madness." He hesitated at the offer of food for a few seconds. "If you want to and it's not too much trouble. It would be easier than trying to make the two girls lunch at my house while attempting to keep them quiet," he relented.

Bumming food was not something he enjoyed. Feeling like a bum was something he enjoyed even less, but if Kyden was offering, he couldn't turn him down because Elysia would hate him. They never ate out, so this would definitely be a treat for her. Plus, it meant that they probably wouldn't get home until their usual time and that meant his mother would be gone. Seth wasn't sure if he was ready for Kyden to meet the last member of his family quite yet.

The sound of many footsteps caught his attention and a crowd of kids came around the corner. He pressed against the wall as they rushed by, all heading for the lunchroom. A couple kids ran up and hugged him briefly before continuing on while more simply waved or shouted his name. Quickly, he spotted his sister and her friend elbowing their way over to him and Kyden. When they finally managed to get to him, he picked both of them up so he had one on each hip.

"I thought your lunch break wasn't for another half hour?" He asked the two girls as he waited for the crowd to pass.

Elysia leaned her head on his shoulder. "We were extra good and the principal said we could go early today." She mispronounced the word 'principal', so Seth corrected her as he started towards the front doors. The kids had passed and the area was empty except for them.

"Seth, I want Kyden to carry me," Angela whined, looking at Kyden with big eyes in hopes he would carry her.

"How about you walk instead? Aren't you two big girls?" Seth bribed them, grinning when it worked. Almost instantly, they started wiggling and demanding to be put down, and he complied. Once they were both safely on the ground, Angela grabbed Kyden's hand while Elysia grabbed Seth's hand, then they joined hands in the middle so they formed a line.

Outside, Angela looked up at both boys and asked, "Where are we going?"

"Kyden says he is going to take us out to eat," Seth answered, looking over the girls' heads at Kyden.

Angela broke the line momentarily to clapped her hands while Elysia asked in a quieter voice than Angela, "Where are we going to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden[/size][size=15]
    Kyden couldn't help but smile. There was no way Seth could imagine how happy Kyden was to be there, away from the silence of the roof...or worse, his bedroom. Even if things were completely crazy, he couldn't care less. Smiling, the dark haired boy assured him, "I get waaay too much allowance, so you're really doing me a favor." For a moment, he considered joking about Seth keeping him away from drugs by letting him spend his money on something helpful, but Seth had told him not even half an hour ago that his mother did drugs. There was no way in hell that would go over as funny, not even in his own twisted little mind.

Unable to think of anything more, Kyden merely leaned back against the wall, startled when the wave of children started to run by. His dark eyes followed all of them as they darted past, running so fast it looked like they were afraid of being eaten, more than not getting to eat. The thought made him chuckle and a small smile remained on the pale face as he watched the children pass. He wondered, in the back of his mind, what it would be like to be that age again. The biggest drama would be crayons and older siblings. It would be a nice change from sexuality and dating being the talk of the town.

Following Seth out of the school with the girls, Kyden smiled when Angela whined for him to hold her. Before he could agree, Seth talked the two girls into walking. A small frown played at his lips, but then the dark haired boy came to the realization that he more than likely would not have been able to carry her for long. No matter how much he hated to admit it, he was far from the strongest kid on the play ground. [[OOC: I am having fun making weird references. Sorry.]]

Swinging Angela's hand, he watched the two girls with a small smile on his face. Angela was obviously protective of Elysia. Even without really knowing the girls, he was willing to bet that Angela was being so 'friendly' to him so that she could make certain that he was okay. He knew that if Angela decided that he wasn't good enough to be around Elysia, the little redhead would never let him near her friend...It was insanely adorable.

Smiling briefly at Seth, Kyden looked at the two girls and grinned. With a shrug, he told them, "I don't know. What do you two like?" Waiting for their answer, Kyden suggested a few restaurants that he knew of. Since he was personally a picky eater, he was a little concerned about where they went. Of course, he also didn't want to go somewhere too upscale, since he knew it would make Seth uncomfortable.

Once he had picked a place with the two girls, a little family diner that was filled with bright colors and had an amazing menu, he glanced to Seth. His dark eyes danced with amusement as he asked, "Is that good?" Once he had the other's agreement, he glanced around and started leading the way. As he walked, he talked with Angela and Elysia, rather than Seth. Even though he was rarely around children and socially awkward, he kept joking about small things to keep them amused.

When they reached the diner, Kyden told the girls teasingly, "I wanna sit next to Seth!" Pausing, he wrinkled his brow and then asked Seth, "Wait, are you left or right handed? I don't want to bump elbows all lunch." He stuck his tongue out childishly, only to stop when the lady behind the counter made an exasperated noise. Blushing at his own immaturity, he asked again, "Well? Left or right?" His own tone was still joking.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

"Ice cream!" Angela and Elysia both shouted at the same time, giggling at each other. Seth rolled his eyes and told them to pick a real food, not junk. After pouting at him, they started to ignore him and talk more with Kyden. He didn't care that all three seemed to forget about him. Instead, he simply let them decide where to eat, giving his agreement when Kyden asked for it.

He couldn't help but notice that Kyden was a lot better with little kids than the ones his own age. Maybe because they were so easy to please and didn't judge things at the age of five like how you looked or whether you liked guys or girls. He laughed at Kyden's announcement, the laughter dying when the lady made a noise at Kyden. Shrugging it off, he pretended to think, if only to annoy the lady. "I'm right handed," he said, "You?"

Getting the answer, he looked at the two girls. "What do you two want to eat?”

Angela glanced at Elysia, "Wanna get some sandwiches? We can get two different kinds and split if we don't like one." Elysia nodded and tugged on Kyden's hand out of habit with Seth. "Can we get a ham sandwich and a cheese sandwich?"

Seth tried to not let it bother him that Elysia had asked the question like she was asking for too much. He guessed it was something that couldn't be helped when you lived off of minimum salary though. On the thought of salary, he checked the clock on the wall of the diner. He didn't have to be at work until five, so he had a few hours.

Elysia noticed him looking around and tugged on his hand. "You have to go to work now?"

He shook his head. "Not for a while, which means I can play with you more today!"

She grinned along with Angela, who heard the statement, and then they went back to look around the diner.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    "Leftie, so I'll sit closer to the wall," Kyden answered cheerfully, not really caring about the woman. He knew that she was probably more annoyed to see kids skipping school than his behavior. She seemed sort of like the motherly type. At least, that was what he thought for the whole two seconds that he let her ugly mug invade his ever changing mind.

Feeling the tug on his hand, Kyden glanced down and smiled at the blond girl. Nodding, he told her, "If you want. I tell you what, humor me and pick as many things as you and Angela like, okay? Don't worry about the price or anything. Just remember to get something to drink."

Pausing, he glanced at Seth and added, "I hope that's alright. I was just thinking if they stick with sharing sandwiches, I'll feel fat when I order a hamburger, fries, and a milkshake." His tone was joking as he made the excuse. Some part of him felt like offering so much was a bad thing, because he had already noticed the tension in the other at the mention of free food. Yet, Kyden liked being able to offer more. If his upbringing had taught him one thing, it was that acceptance could be bought and in this small group, he really wanted it.

Hearing the mention of work, Kyden didn't comment. Instead, he led the way over to one of the booths and slid in. The old lady brought over menus, setting one in front of each of the boys and then one in front of the two girls. Smiling at the two girls, she told them, "We have some really good curly fries and chicken nuggets, if you like. The menu for you two is on the third page, but I over heard you mention sandwiches and they are on the second page. The house special today is club sandwiches."

Kyden listened to the old lady for a moment before leaning into Seth and whispering, "Shouldn't she be saying that to us?"

The old lady shot him a mean look that made Kyden shut up and sink down. Finishing telling the girls what might interest them, the old lady smiled at the two girls and Seth, give Kyden a look that wasn't quite mean, so much as scolding, before telling them she'd be back in a moment or so to take their orders for drinks.

"Sooo, I am thinking that I am going with a strawberry milkshake," Kyden said as soon as the old lady was walking away, fighting the urge to laugh for a reason he didn't quite understand.
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Seth nodded, "It's okay..." He followed after Kyden and slid into the booth beside him while the two girls clambered into theirs. The girls nodded excited at whatever the woman said, Angela occasionally going, "I want that!" Elysia was already looking through the menu at the pages she had been told about.

He stifled a laugh then whispered back, "I think?" He shut up when she shot them a look, but went back to laughing when she left. "Strawberry milkshakes are awesome," he commented after the small laughing fit. Looking through the menu, he said idly, "What's on here that won't make me look fat if I eat it?" It was a rhetorical question that he didn't expect answered.

Across the table, he could hear Angela and Elysia trying to decide on what they wanted. Eventually, they got almost the same thing, as Seth expected. Angela wanted a ham sandwich with curly fries, a chocolate milkshake, chicken nuggets, and mash potatoes. Elysia wanted the same thing except she wanted a hamburger with her curly fries. After that, they started to talk about what they would do tonight. Apparently, they decided that Angela was staying the night without asking, but Seth knew that the answer would have been yes anyways.

Settling on a plain hamburger and a coke, he looked over at Kyden and asked, "Want to ask random questions again, or has your curiosity about my exciting life been satisfied?" He was being sarcastic about the exciting part.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 am

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden shook his head and playfully poked Seth in the side as he teased, "Just about nothing on the menu could make you look fat, my friend." However, the dark haired male thought the question with a bit more seriousness. As the two girls discussed what they wanted, the smile returned to Kyden's face. he was sort of envious of them. At that age, they didn't have to worry about their weight and they shouldn't. In some part of his mind, Kyden thought that he shouldn't either, but at the same time, he had the destructive, obsessive worry about his appearance that most other teenagers had.

Of course, he eventually decided on a grilled swiss with his favorite milkshake. Hearing Seth's voice, a smile instantly appeared on his face and he answered, "I doubt my curiosity will ever be sated. At least, not until I know everything and I doubt that will ever happen." Tilting his head to the side, he instantly ran through a list of questions. His mind churned up nothing but nonsense for a moment and then he asked in rapid fire, "If you were stranded on an island with three things, not people, but things, what would you want them to be? Would you rather be completely isolated or around people you don't like? Would you rather live a happy life that was extremely boring or a life with highs and lows that was extremely interesting?"

Glancing over at the to girls, Kyden winked and said, "I bed I can guess his answer to two of those. I just wanna see if my physic abilities work on Seth." Kyden didn't know quite why tacted that on, rather than letting the two girls go off into their own world. Something told him that two minutes with no one talking to them and the two girls would be off in their own world, giggling and talking to each other in soft voices.

Just as Kyden looked back, the old lady came back and took their orders. She was again friendly with the girls and a little sharp with the boys. Kyden was sort of amused by it, even if he didn't want to admit it. Old people were so weird. As soon as she walked away, Kyden smiled wider and said, "Oh! Wait! One more question! What is your favorite holiday?"
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: ue   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:42 pm

[
Seth laughed at the rapid fire of the questions, but answered them in order. "A boat, fresh water, and food. You know, the things people should say they would want but never do because it never occurs to them. I'd rather be around people I don't like because I might be able to get use to them. Silence and I don't get along too well. A life with highs and lows that was interesting because who would want to live a boring life?"

Angela tried to wink back but ended up blinking instead, which made Elysia dissolve into giggles. Angela pouted at her friend and demanded, "Hey! Let's see you do it then!" This led to them both trying to wink and failing. They kept at it with Seth trying to keep his amusement in until the lady came back. He gave her his and the girls' orders, then turned in his seat so he had on leg on the booth seat and was facing Kyden.

"Favorite holiday? Would is be cliché of me to say Halloween?" He asked, putting his elbow on the table and leaning his head on his hand. "You have to admit, it's a fun holiday if celebrated properly. My turn for questions?"

He was silent for a few seconds, trying to think of questions that weren't too personal or overly redundant. Questions about Kyden's family, past boyfriends and if he had any, and where he lived swirled around in Seth's head. Of course, those were a little too personal to ask, so he tried to stray away from them. He didn't want his new friend to leave him already.

"What was your favorite grade in school and why? Do you have any siblings and do you want any? Do you enjoy reading?" He stopped, trying to think of anymore questions. Unable to come up with any right then, he stared at Kyden and waited for the answers.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Kyden was actually surprised by Seth's reply to the second question, but he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was because he had pegged Seth as more of the loner type. However, he was too busy trying not to giggle at the girls to really consider it. They were just too cute. As the lady left, he smiled at Seth, somewhat surprised to see that the other had turned to face him. Unable to resist the petty temptation, he turned to face his new found friend. A nearly childish grin stayed on his pale face, his red bangs falling over his dark eyes, even though he reached up several times to fix them. Nodding, he answered jokingly, "Halloween isn't cliche. Valentines is cliche. Halloween is epic."

With an over dramatic sigh, Kyden paused like he was thinking and then answered, "Yeah, it is your turn for questions." As the other thought it over, Kyden used the excuse to watch Seth's expression. While he attempted to present a curious and friendly facade, his eyes were keen to take in the details of Seth's face. Even if this was just a dream, he wanted to remember everything about this dream perfectly. After all, it was rare for his dreams to treat him nicely. And on the off chance it was reality, Kyden doubted it would last, so he wanted to remember everything he could to fall back on when he was depressed.

"Kindergarten, because it is the last time I can remember having a real friend. I know, that sound really emo and whiny of me, but it is true. Everyone just got sooooo mean," Kyden answered, only to pause at the second question. Glancing towards Elysia, he shrugged slightly and answered, "Yeah, an older brother and I want one that is younger than me, but at the same time I don't." Looking back at Seth, he grinned and nodded quickly, "I love reading. My favorite author changes with ever series I read and I love joining online sites for young authors." Chuckling at himself, he remarked, "I am such a bookworm, but I love it."

Tilting his head in thought, he contemplated what he would ask Seth. He was saved from having to say anything as the old lady returned with their drinks. She didn't linger long, just setting down the drinks and warning them that their food might take a bit, and then she was gone. However, that was long enough for Kyden to work up the nerve to say what he was thinking.

With an obviously shy and uncertain smile, Kyden admitted, "I'm running out of questions that aren't personal. Can we ask personal questions, but if one of us is uncomfortable, the other has to change the question?"
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Seth thanked the lady for the food, warning Elysia and Angela not to suck down their milkshakes or they wouldn't have any for the food, then turned back to Kyden. "Sure, I'm running out of non-personal questions too," he laughed, relieved. "I get to ask the first question since you already asked a question!" It was childish logic, but he stuck to it as he thought of a question while taking a drink.

"You two are gay together," Angela suddenly spoke up, causing Seth to choke on his drink. Elysia laughed at him. "You okay, Seth?"

He nodded, still coughing some. "Who taught you that word, Angela?"

"Our teacher. Billy said that his older brother was being bullied in middle school for being gay and wanted to know what gay meant. She told us that gay means really happy," Angela explained, sucking on her milkshake.

Elysia took a sip of her milkshake too, and then asked, "Why was Billy's brother being bullied for being happy? Is being happy a bad thing in middle school?

Angela poked her, "Dummy, being happy is never a bad thing. Maybe the bullies were just grumpy because they didn't get enough sleep. How could being happy be bad?"

Seth leaned over the table and ruffled Angela's hair, earning him a glare. "Like you said, being happy is never bad. Billy's older brother was probably the other type of gay."

"There's two types of gay?" Elysia questioned as Angela took her milkshake, having finished her own.

"Yeah, one is were you are really happy, like your teacher said. The other is were a guy likes another guy," he explained, watching as both girls made "ew" faces. For a moment, he was worried the thought of a guy liking another guy was what had caused them to do that, but he ended up laughing at their answers.

"Boys are gross," Angela said loudly. "I want a girlfriend instead of boyfriend."

"Yeah, because girls aren't gross, but boys are," Elysia agreed, taking her drink back.

Seth looked over at Kyden, leaning in to whisper, "Well, at least it wasn't as awkward as explaining where babies come from."

He sat back, suddenly remembering he could still ask a question. Since they were allowed to ask personal questions, he tentatively asked, "Have you ever cut yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    Chuckling, relieved that Seth agreed, Kyden instantly thought of half a dozen questions, but nodded when Seth gave his immature logic. Hearing Angela's comment, he nearly mimicked Seth's choking. Looking at Angela, his black eyes widened with worry, wondering what she meant by that. However, as she explained to Seth, Kyden relaxed. Of course. She was still young. Gay still meant happy and being gay wasn't considered wrong...Well, not for most kids. The ones that were brought up "right" by religion and "wrong" in his eyes already hated people for who they loved.

Listening to the conversation, he felt a wave of sympathy for the unknown boy. He knew all too well what it was like to be bullied. It was such a shame that middle school still hadn't changed. Of course, in some places people were still made fun of for being colored and there hadn't really been any change for gay rights. The chances of middle schoolers getting out of that fight were low.

Chuckling as he listened, he paused again at the 'ew', only to start laughing. Unable to resist, he told them, "That is gay too!" Grinning, he added, "Because you should always be gay with whoever you're with, regardless of their gender." The play on words might confused the younger girls, but he also figured that they were more likely to get it. Hearing the whisper, he whispered back, "True...Five bucks says they end up dating within the next twenty years."

Not bothering to pause at the question, he nodded and answered, "Yep." Smiling, he knew that Seth would take that it was in the past. That was the way Kyden projected it. He was over it and it was in the past...until tonight. But tonight was the future and last night was the past. His behavior said that he didn't cut anymore, the way he nonchalantly admitted to it, but his mind reminded him silently how much that was a lie.

Tilting his head thoughtfully, he asked, "Have you ever considered dropping out of school?"

Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Seth laughed and whispered back, "I don't want to consider who my sister will be dating already. Give me another ten years and then I'll think about it." He smiled, believing Kyden about not cutting. Maybe it was because he was use to stereo types, but he sort of figured that Kyden probably did cut in the past, but it sounded like he was over it now.

He closed his eyes and smiled lightly, "Yeah, I've considered it a lot of times. If I dropped out, it would be easier to take care of Elysia and spend more time with her. Plus I could add more hours in at work and get more money, but then I worry that Elysia might drop out later because I did and I don't want that."

"Though if things keep going the way they are, I'll probably have to drop out just to make enough money to keep the apartment," he added in his head. There was no point in saying it aloud. Kyden didn't need to hear about his financial problems when he probably had problems of his own to deal with.

Opening his eyes and leaning back, almost far enough to fall out of the seat, he asked, "Have you ever kissed a girl or dated one? Or did you know that you liked guys right away?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Spoiler:
    Kyden
    A chuckled escaped Kyden at Seth's reply to the offer of a bet. Listening with a smile on his face, Kyden couldn't help but be concerned for the blond. Dropping out was only a quick fix and would eventually make everything harder on him. Of course, Kyden was willing to bet that Seth would do it just to give Elysia a better life, even if it meant that as soon as she was on her own, Seth would have no where to go with his life. This was just the impression Kyden got from Seth. He wasn't sure if it was a good thing or utterly horrible.

"You should look into GED and college courses in that case," Kyden remarked, trying his best to be off hand about it. Tapping himself on the forehead, he added quickly, "Never mind. You probably already have. If you ever need a reference, call me. Even if my dad doesn't like me, I could certainly talk him into writing a referral for you. I'll tell him I'll quit doing drugs-which I don't do, but he is convinced that I do."

The question didn't surprise Kyden, though he couldn't say that he had expecting it from Seth. Shrugging, he had heard it often enough, though it had never been phrased quite the way it was then. Most people made it sound like he was sexist and hated women or was simply doing it to rebel against whoever. Seth made it sound the way Kyden felt about it. Even if he smile was slightly strained, his tone was calm as he confessed, "I always knew I liked guys. There is nothing appealing about a girl to me...However, I did date girls and I've kissed one or two. It just was not my thing...Though I found out that one of the girls I kissed was as into guys as I was into girls." Laughing softly, he added, "But I doubt it would have changed much either way."

For a moment, Kyden considered his next question. As he thought, he signaled for the waitress to come over and asked for refills for the two girls. Smiling cutely at Seth, he said, "I know you said that they should make them last, but the meal is taking forever."

Almost as if to spite him, just then the waitress returned with their meals. Quickly and silently, she placed the dishes, remembering exactly who ordered what. When she was sure no one needed refills, she turned and left. Taking a sip of his milkshake, Kyden suddenly beamed as he asked, "What about you? Do you like girls or guys or both or does gender not matter at all to you?"
Back to top Go down
Hinfallend
Admin
Hinfallend

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 pm

"I have looked into it. Getting my GED and taking college classes online, but then I realize I wouldn't be able stand being around my mother that long," he laughed. "Thank you for the offer...Why does he think you are doing drugs?" He couldn't help but ask. He was grateful for the offer, though he wasn't sure if he would take it or not, but Kyden's parents thinking he did drugs was sort of weird. It wasn't usual around where Seth lived for kids to already be doing drugs, so it didn't shock him, just surprised him since Kyden seemed like he came from a richer family.

He smiled, "Cool that you knew right away, but you tried anyways. You don't seem sexist like a lot of gays are made out to be. Of course, you are the first gay I've met, so all I have to go by are stereo types." He paused then added, "I sound like an ignorant ass there. Sorry."

"Yeah, meal is totally taking forever," Seth teased, thanking the woman and turning in his seat so he was sitting forward, but still slightly facing Kyden. "I'm into girls, but gender doesn't really matter to me. I've met a ton of girls that are mean and spiteful while some guys that are really sweet and would make a great boyfriend. So yeah, gender doesn't really matter."

He was silent while he took a few bites from his hamburger. Elysia and Angela were giggling quietly and occasionally stealing food off each other's plates. He could have simply put their food all together on one plate, but decided to let them play their game. At least they weren't making a mess yet.

Laughing when their game started to become a little louder, he looked over at Kyden and asked, "How many family members do you have?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice (Private)   Fire and Ice (Private) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice (Private)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next