Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Encounter Color

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shexton

Shexton

Credits : 160

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Encounter Color ShexWalk

The lush emerald planes of the Forest of Eden was a rather charming little place. Prey was plentiful, misfits abound, plenty to explore and plenty to do. Even for the outsider of the odd little ban of creatures that had summoned themselves together in Doctura's Anatomy couldn't ask for more... so why wasn't he satisfied? As the protector of the land, Shex had his duties. He had to keep the peace between this world and the world of Krimson Peak, he had to keep the Unsents from using this land as their battle field and he had to make sure humans stayed far away. Even for being a creature of the curse that had haunted his family since he was born, he was treated somewhat decently... more decent than anywhere he'd ever been, that's for sure...

Yawning the wolf lay with one paw over the other and his head caressed over his right arm. His mask had a small crack in it near his left eye from the last battle. Ebil had been showing up lately. What was up his tail? Huffing softly Shex decided to attribute his bitter attitude and resent ungratefulness to hunger. He rolled to his back and yawned again, the wires along his maw stretching and constricting momentarily before relaxing against his jaw. His long furry tale flicked and for a moment he knew he was one with the grass. Insects would land on the tips of his fur and even they would assume that it was just another blade... a warm furrier blade, but a blade nonetheless.

As the sun rained down along his stomach his ears caught a faint sound. With a simple flick the creature was back to his belly. Shex's rose to his paws and padded along, following the new strange sound. His black and green striped tongue flicked from his mouth to catch faint whiffs in the air. Strangers weren't completely uncommon, however Shex knew his duties. He wasn't supposed to let them stay for long, for fear of bringing a new clan to the area. New clans meant less food and less food meant war afterall.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Credits : 571

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:09 pm

[center][color=purple]Encounter Color Muzica_icon_50x50_by_flubberwurm-d4gnm5k
Echo loved exploring. For the tiny tom cat, it had always been an addiction. He was never satisfied staying in one place for long. Unfortunately for him, his best friend and brother couldn't always keep up. Fallen was nearly twice Echo's size, and his legs were long, but Echo still traveled faster. Lithe and light, he enjoyed running more than Fallen. In fact, Fallen would often just let Echo run ahead because trotting after him took too much effort. Not for Echo though. He ran and ran and ran tirelessly. Sometimes, he sincerely believed he'd never run out of energy. Maybe it was because he was so excited, so eager for life, or maybe it was because he had been trapped in one place for so long before, but all he knew was he loved to keep moving.

This time, he might've liked to take a break.

Three, tiny dark brown paws and one pale brown paw, all soaked in blood from split pats, slammed into the earth repeatedly and rapidly. Harsh, desperate breaths bubbled out of Echo's muzzle, each one a little more dry than the last. He had been running for hours, trying to escape the hunter behind him. As a cat, he was used to playing the part of the predator, not the prey, but it wasn't unheard of. He still couldn't help feeling resentful. He was Echo! Masterful hunter and king of all things adorable! He wasn't supposed to be eaten.

Unfortunately, his bodyguard and brother were miles away. Fallen had dropped back the day before yesterday, and Echo had left him without a second thought. Now he was regretting that.

Just as he was considering giving up and letting the beast claim his life, he spotted something. It was a living creature, a large furry mass of green. Something compelled him to run towards it. His small, lean body burnt, each movement pain, but he pushed himself. Bouncing against the creature a few times, a wordless mew of fear bubbled out of him before he could gather himself enough to plea, "Pretend I am your prey! Act like I am dead!"

He had no idea of the creature would eat him or not, but a maybe was better than a definite yes. With his life hanging in the balance, he collapsed, praying this stranger would protect him. Sapphire hues closing, he struggled to stop his painful breathing, for a moment at least.
Back to top Go down
Shexton

Shexton

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm

When the kitten came prancing in his direction with bloodied paws, Shex had thought that there was prey in his midst. Now, usually he'd chase, devour, and move on with his life but the thing wasn't the type of prey you'd see around here. He'd only met a cat once before in his entire life but this frantic display wasn't his first encounter with a cry for help. "What's..." Before he could ask he watched the feline flop on his side like a dead animal.

"W-what are..." Shex looked up to see the wolf charging foreword. His eyes widened, suddenly compelled to help the creature. His tongue flicked out and his maw stretched before he bit the small cat. He wasn't rough, but he managed to bring the feline's entire front into his mouth. Front paws, head, neck, and parts of his back were now in his maw.

He leaned over his 'kill and put a paw on Echo's hips, acting like he was tugging by moving his head back though his hold was lose enough to let part of the cat slip out of his mouth. His tongue rested below his stomach and the wires were probably the only thing squeezing against the kit in an uncomfortable matter.

The wolf panted while glaring darkly at the green beast. "Shex!" Max snapped darkly. "I was going to eat that!!!" he whined while tackling Shex. "Give it!" Shex growled and shook himself as his back leg kicked Max off. "Shex come on I'm starving!" Max whined. Shex shook his head and Echo's body, his paw coming off of his hip. He began to trot off. "Shex, please lets split it? Come onnnn!!! I shared my elk with you last week!" Max said while following the green creature only to whine as Shex began taking off in a run. "FINE! Be that way Shex, see if I save you anything next time!" The large, plump wolf howled at the fleeting figure.

Shex continued to run until he was certain that he wasn't being followed. He slowed to a walk near a babbling brook and began pushing Echo out of his mouth with his tongue, hoping that the cat was still alive. He wasn't sure if he'd been too rough, but it wasn't his intention to murder the poor thing. His mouth had been open the whole time so it wasn't like there was no air in his hot, humid mouth. "Are you still alive?" He asked while nudging the kit only to flick his tongue around to sniff the creature. Suddenly he pawed at the male before laying beside him, flicking his long fluffy tail to and fro. "Where do you live?" He asked slowly, wondering if he had to take the kitten home.
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 am

Echo had a simple logic for trusting this strange, green creature: If he didn’t trust him, he was certain to die. Yes, his trust might be misplaced and cost him his life anyway, but at least he tried. Something was better than nothing. It helped that Shex was green. Green was one of his absolute favorite colors. Every time he saw it, he felt happy. Life was greens, many, many shades of green, but still green. Plus, the greener his eyes were, the happier he was.

His breathing froze when the creature leaned down and drew him into his mouth by his tongue. Echo struggled not to shudder in disgust as he lay in his mouth, shallow, shaky breathes all he could manage. The press of a paw on his hip gave him a momentary flare of fear, convinced he would be torn in two, but the green beast’s jaws remained slack. Max’s voice was the only thing that kept him from purring. He was so very proud of himself for picking the right wolf to trust in this forest. He always had the best rushed judge of character…even if Fallen would argue otherwise.

The exchange gave him a jolt, and he tensed up, but before long, he could tell Shex was running, carrying him away. Shex...that was his name, wasn’t it? It seemed to be what the other wolf was calling him. Shex, his hero, he thought, finally letting the purr out since they were getting away.

Scrambling backwards, he gasped desperately for air as he hit the earth. Shaking himself and his head, he felt the aches and pains, and he was almost sure there were some small puncture wounds and scrapes, but he was alive. He was a tough little thing and would quickly heal. Panting and plopping into a laying position, he nodded, "Alive! A lot more than if you hadn’t saved me! Give me a moment to catch my breath and I’ll thank you." Making a sound of protest at the paw, he still rolled to press his back against Shex, affectionately, thought lazily, cuddling him. "Uhm, I’m a nomad," he answered, his breathing slowly evening out.

Jumping up suddenly, he calmly walked over to the brook and stepped in. Lying down quite calmly, he began grooming himself, his stub of a tail high from his joy. "Thank you so, so, so much. That brute-I shouldn’t call him a brute since you know him, but he has been chasing me for hours. I can barely stand. I’d absolutely hate to get eaten though. Thank you. I owe you my life." His voice ended in a loud, rumbling purr.
Back to top Go down
Shexton

Shexton

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 am

As the feline pressed his back against his pad, Shex began to draw himself close. He tucked his front legs beneath his forearms and his back legs under his stomach, much like a deer might. He gazed at the one he'd saved for several moments before leaning to the water and flicking out his thick forked tongue to drink. The black pits that should have held eyes kept a steady gaze to the brown creature as he cleaned himself.

Once he'd had his fill of water he shifted his head to rest near his stomach as his long ears folded back. A nomad meant he was frequently in danger and had no pack...well, he was a cat so a pride, right? A clowder? Either way he didn't have anyone to roam with. That was sad. "It's no trouble, I'm the protector of this forest." He informed casually. "It was primal to help you once you asked." He smiled slightly.

"Max is sort of a brute, but he's really nice once you get to know him." He reassured as his tail curled around his body, the tip dipping into the water. "Incase you didn't catch it, my name's Shexton. What's yours little......cat? You're a cat right?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:10 am

Taking the time he was cleaning himself to look Shex over, he eyed the mask, long fur, and strange tongue curiously. The creature looked so strange, but so pretty. Echo was instantly jealous about his color. Once he was finished, he climbed out slowly, shaking himself off before sitting down and began grooming himself. "Protector? So anyone who calls on you, you have to protect or something like that?" he asked curiously as he licked his paws, flinching a few times as his rough tongue caught on the scabs.

"Yeah? Maybe I could get to know him some other time," Echo answered with a yawn as he switched paws. Hearing the full name, he purred louder. "Echosong, but everyone calls me Echo nowadays," he told him as he put his paw down and began to continue to dry his fur. Even if he was small and didn’t have a lot to dry, his fur was still very thick.
Back to top Go down
Shexton

Shexton

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:47 am

"Not exactly." Shex said weakly. "I protect the land and keep the peace. If you belonged to some pack off the lands or something, perhaps there would have been war. I have to look out for our pack." He explained as the kit tended to each paw. He felt bad for the other and wanted to help, though he didn't have any healing powers. All he could do was lick the wounds and hope they closed faster because of his drool. Some said the purple gunk worked, others said it didn't. For now he figured it would be too disgusting for the felidae to deal with.

"Echosong." Shex repeated. "Alright, that's fine I guess. I'll call you Echo, you call me Shex." He decided since he hadn't technically stated his own nickname, however obvious it was. "So, Echo." The creature continued while trying to find the next words to say. His mind momentarily traveled to the steady sound of the creek moving against the shallow rocks of different sizes. Dragonflies were buzzing about, landing on weeds and flowers near the water before taking off into the sky to who knows where. Birds were chirping pleasantly and beams from the sun shot spotlights in awkward little patches all along the leaf infested forest floor.

It was true, the forest of eden was basically paradise. It was the most beautiful and relaxing place to be in all of Doctura's Anatomy. It made him chuckle a little. He was glad that he lived here and not somewhere else, which brought him back to the question he was about to ask. "You don't live anywhere, but...do you have anyone looking for you?" Somehow he couldn't believe himself. No clan, no family? There had to be someone. Anyone. "I don't want to sound like I'm forcing you to leave, it's just this is a dangerous place. I can take you to anyone who may be looking for you... fellow nomads perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Muzical-Echo

Muzical-Echo

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 am

Echo didn’t really need it. His paws were already healing. The fact that they were scabbed over already was proof enough of that. Even as he switched to drying his chest, they healed farther. Soon, there would be nothing left but an ache. "Ah, that makes sense," he said quietly, though it didn’t really. Where he had been brought up, invaders were treated harshly. Maybe Shex’s pack wasn’t as strong as those around it, he mused thoughtfully, though he thought it was impossible with how powerful Shex looked. Then again...he shivered at the thought of what monsters could be out there.

"Shex," he repeated with a faint purr on the word. He grew silent when it seemed that the larger male would ask him something more. For a long moment, so it seemed to the ever impatient male, he finally heard the question and then laughed softly. "Yep. My brother, but he is waaaay back. I left him days ago, I think. I don’t know. Time is sort of relative, so I forget, but yeah, he might be looking for me." As Shex continued speaking, a pout appeared on Echo’s face and he pounced on him again.

As forcefully as the chubby, adorable poof could be, he insisted, "No! I said I owe you my life. It may not be worth much to many people, but I like it. Let me repay you. Even if you take me out of this area, I’ll just come back. I’ll do anything you want. Just let me repay you." It was Echo's pride talking. He felt like he had to be even with everyone. He hated owing someone something and not repaying them before leaving. That meant the past could catch up to him, and he hated that. Looking back was never a fun thing for him.
Back to top Go down
Shexton

Shexton

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 pm

As the feline spoke of his brother, and shortly after how he wouldn't go back to his brother until he'd re-payed his debt, the creature began to size up the prey he'd saved. How could something so small honestly repay him in an equal way? Shex chuckled. Maybe he'd pretend to be dying and ask the kitten to fetch him something meaningless claiming it would save his life.

Shrugging his shoulders Shex lifted his paw and dropped it on the kit's back before curling his claws around the creature to draw him in. His head fell over his paw and the kit, now feeling awkward because one of his paws wasn't tucked under his body like it normally was when he laid. He didn't groom the cat, but he figured his fluff would help dry him or at least warm him since it was getting darker. Night would fall soon.

"Alright kitten." He said calmly. "You can pay me back, but you need to live to pay me back." He informed in a low murr. "You won't do that if we separate, you're a perfect meal and prey is hard to come by when the leaves turn red." He informed. "There was a time when the packs of this land turned on each other. The ones who remain are the ones who didn't kill each other or who escaped from other, more violent lands." He nuzzled the creature. "We're all very hungry.... so don't wander off."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Encounter Color Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter Color   Encounter Color I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encounter Color
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dream World :: Creature RolePlays :: Wolf Packs-
Jump to: